close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guys from gt please help quickly

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gen4g23, Apr 29, 2011.

1. gen4g23

gen4g23

I am in a buying another gun today and need some opinions. There is a pawn shop close by the has a gen 4 g23 comes with 3 mags, case, tact light on rail and a extra target barrel (lone wolf) for $459 plus 6% sales tax. He said the gun has had approx 700 rounds put through it. I offered him $425 out the door yesterday and he wouldnt take it. I can get a brand new gen4 g23 for $525 plus 6% sales tax.
    But I also just got my CCW and want to get a sub compact 9mm. I want either the M&P 9mm or the beretta px4 storm 9mm. I can get either of those NIB for $510 out the door.
    Just a little history I have a gen 4 g22, S&W 357, Ruger .22. The only way I want the Glock is if it is a great deal. Not that I dont love Glock, they are my fav. I just want to mix it up some. What would some of you guys do? Is that used Glock a Great Deal? Or should I pass it up? If so, should I go with the M&P or the Beretta? Wish I was rich and I would buy all of them but I am not. Its 7:00 AM where I live and by 11:00 AM I will have a new gun, so hurry and help me out.

2. Just1More

Just1More

Personally, I'd never buy a used gun. Get the M&P now, then the other two at a later time. :)

3. GlockPreacher

GlockPreacher

If you want a sub compact then why buy the 23? I just got the 27 and absolutely love it. I'll be getting the 9mm conversion barrel for it soon.
    It seems like a fairly good deal, but if you don't think it is, or you are hesitating to buy it, then don't. You'd be happy with the M&P too... good luck

4. Dave.1

Dave.1

The M&P 9c is a great CCW and although I really like the full sized PX4 Storm, the compact version is a little chunky for me. It also doesn't have the rotary barrel lock up like the full size that makes it such a smooth shooter.

Dave

5. ubimow

ubimow

Sounds to me like you don't really want the G23. Get something you really want and will use for CCW. BTW, I really liked the M&P9c but I like the Glock 26 even more.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  6. ihateticks

ihateticks Proud Of You

See if they have a 30 for sale.

7. MrVvrroomm

MrVvrroomm

That's a pretty decent deal on a Gen4 23

8. G23c

G23c

for CC, I'd go with a subcompact. you have a nice HD gun already, get something very different. G23 is great, but you have the G22 already.

9. KarlThomas

KarlThomas

That's not a bad price, considering the extras.
    I'd buy the 23 and sell the light and LW barrel. Then you've got a lightly used 23 for well under $400.

I've owned four used glocks now and haven't had trouble with any of them.

That being said, if it's not what you want, don't get it. You'll regret not spending a little extra for what you really wanted.

10. emerilnut

emerilnut

a) I think that the deal for that G23 is a great one. It's a good price for everything that's coming in the "kit."

b) But it's not what you're looking for. The G23 is neither subcompact nor a 9mm.

I'm a Glock shooter now (G19), but I was an M&P shooter first, and I love love love M&P's. It's an outstanding pistol, and you can't go wrong with an M&P9c.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday CLM

Be patient, hang onto your money and keep looking.

Don't make a hurried decision, take your time about it and wait for the right deal. It'll come along.

12. Texcowboy

Texcowboy

It sounds like a good deal with all that is included, but not if you are not happy with it. For all around CCW one of the Sub-compact Glocks cant be beat.

I see you have a GEN 4 G23 as your avatar and screen name.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  13. Huber

Huber G1 Niner Rockin

Thats a good price my area used go for $499-$525

14. gen4g23

gen4g23

Yeah i bought a brand new gen4 g23 the same day i bought my gen4 g22. Thats why my name and avatar is what it is. A couple weeks after i bought them one of my buddies came over and we were shooting and he offered me to buy the 23 off me for $20 more than what i paid new for it, so i sold it. Now the guy that owns this mom and pop pawn shop says his son put the wrong price on it. He said it is $559 not $459. He never said a thing about that yesterday when I offered him $425. And the gun has been there for 2 whole weeks now with $459 on it. O well. I will never do business there again. I am on my way to where I normally buy me guns. I think I am leaning toward the m&p 9mm. What do u guys think. I am going to post a pic of it and the px4 on here when I get there in about 20 min

15. emerilnut

emerilnut

You are going to love the M&P once you own it. I very highly recommed it. I've got 4,403 rounds through mine in a year and I have never had a single problem with it.

16. Hunng

Hunng

M&P stock trigger sucks...gotta drop in an aftermarket trigger group to make it worthy...i'd pass on the M&P but thats just opinion.

17. emerilnut

emerilnut

Oh yeah, good point. I do have Apex parts in my IDPA shooter now, but only added that at Xmas time.

18. gen4g23

gen4g23

Sorry guys I need to post a pic later I got the px4 storm 9mm

19. Glock40man

Glock40man

What not a Glock?:supergrin: Just kidding, congrats.

20. yobohadi

yobohadi Peon Trainee

I would've bought 2 Hi-points and a tank of gas. :)