close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Guy walking along carrying a rifle ?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Mayhem like Me, Jul 17, 2012.

1. rmodel65

rmodel65

Oct 29, 2011
    consensual yes...if up to no good then tier 2 or higher

2. Nanuk

Nanuk

Sep 13, 2009
    At home
    Thats the great thing, You can pull up and talk to anybody.

3. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    So you would stop him, what about ID , he's just walking along prior to getting to the bar can you ID him?

BTW are you letting him hold the rifle or having him put it down?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  4. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    How do you estrablish " up to no good"

5. AKRover

AKRover 10MM Fanatic

Jun 22, 2012
    Kenai, Alaska
    I'm not a cop but if I were I think I might ask so e questions of someone walking through town with an assault rifle. Oddly enough I wouldn't think twice about a holstered handgun but an assault rifle would raise a red flag IMO. I don't know the carry laws in Alabama but I can't imagine that walking down the street with a long gun of any kind is normal

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. rmodel65

rmodel65

Oct 29, 2011

admissions of guilt/planning etc...people like to talk

7. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Really do tell what experience has led you to this...it is my experience that those that act rarely talk about it to police prior to doing it..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engin

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    If so, then your experience is NOT as a police officer. In real life, you can't shut them up when you want them to shut up.:rofl:

I have literally listened to confessions while saying, "you should really just talk to a lawyer before you tell me anything...no really, just wait until you get a lawyer."

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  9. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    yeah I only have 30 years ...you may want to check the fbi statistics..

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    If he was just walking down the street IN DAYLIGHT I wouldn't bat and eye. At night I'd take notice - I'd maybe keep an eye on him for a while. If he acted hinky like this guy did - walking up to a bar/late at night - most bars in most states are off limits to firearms then the call to 911 would have happened. Since I don't carry a rifle 24/7 in my vehicle I'd not engage as a pistol against a AR is not a good thing.:upeyes:

11. OregonXD

OregonXD

Mar 12, 2010
    Here is a recent police contact for open carrying a handgun and rifle in a nearby city.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9wahCTz08"]Klamath Falls Police, Open Carry a MP5 and a Handgun. - YouTube[/ame]

This guy is constantly open carrying where he lives and is regularly contacted by law enforcement. :upeyes:

12. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Apr 24, 2008
    Northwest Louisiana
    I certainly hope so.

I would think that carrying a rifle at that time of night is so unusual as to create sufficient RAS in and of itself for a Terry stop. We already know that permissible behaviors when combined with the totality of circumstances are sufficient for a nice stop and talk.

13. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    It is incredible that no one was killed with any of those multiple gunshots from an "assault rifle."

14. beatcop

beatcop

Aug 13, 2003
    New England
    post #13

The guy is an idiot first class...this is what gives any rational gun owner a bad name.

15. Mayhem like Me

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Just looking to see how many "Open Carry is my Right " people who think we should just tell concerned citizens we can't check that guy out.

This case is a prime example of why we stop people walking around with assault style rilfes and ID them even if it is perfectly legal to walk around with them in hand, this could have happened at 7:00pm just as easy.