close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Heart of Dixie Glockers' started by DesertEagle.45, Jun 16, 2009.

1. DesertEagle.45

DesertEagle.45 USMC 8531 Lifetime Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    Does anyone know of a good Gunsmith in North Alabama? Preferably one that is good with 1911's.

2. I haven't personally seen his work, but have heard from guys that Larry's has a VERY good gunsmith, who built custom 1911's in California for over 10 years. He did a throat job and something else I can't remember to my buddy's gun, and he said he's awesome. If you buy a gun from larry's and it jams, if you want, he'll make it run instead of sending it off for repairs. BUT I hear that he doesn't do work for just anybody, so you'd have to ask up there and see.

3. DesertEagle.45

Aug 20, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    thanks man I was going to go into Larry's and see who they recomend. Thats where I buy most of my guns at.

4. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    Tactical Arms Gunsmithing (Huntsville AL)

This fellow has done work for me a few times and I have been very pleased with his work.. Turn around time was just a few days.

He has a website with contact info.

5. elrod

elrod

Feb 23, 2008
    Central Alabama
  6. DesertEagle.45

Aug 20, 2007
    Heart of Dixie
    I went up there yesterday and talked to a few people and apparently he doesn't do outside work anymore. Only for larry's guns and his employees.

7. Dang man that sucks. My buddy is friends with a guy at larry's, I guess he pulled some strings for him. Sorry bud.

8. thooks

thooks

May 17, 2005
    Marietta, GA

Yep, these "hard, economic times" are a killer.

9. LEAD

LEAD

Jan 9, 2009
    VT
    When did Magnum research start making the desert eagle in .45?