close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gunsmith for Saiga Conversion

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by KYJoe, Dec 28, 2008.

1. KYJoe

KYJoe
    Expand Collapse

Are there any smiths locally that anyone has used for a Saiga conversion? I am sure there are local smiths that can do it, but not sure if there is anyone who has experience with it. I am in the general Louisville area, but interested in KY as a whole.

Joe

2. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

Although the conversion is relatively easy to do. To do it well on the other hand is a work of art and there are many ways to mess up your Saiga-12 especially if you are shortening the gas system.

I would recommend you just check out one of these dealers as they are reputable and have been doing conversions for years:

Companies that will do conversions on Saiga-12s:
    TROMIX Corp -Tony is the best Saiga smith but not taking orders again till 2011 due to backorders
    Rifle Dynamics- have seen good work come from there.
    Cadiz Gun Works Office Phone: (740) 942-3175 - offers basic conversions.
    Dinzag Arms - not seen their work personally
    ISPC EoTach - not seen their work personally

Good places to get your mags and such here:
    MD Arms (20-round Drum mag) -Mike is behind but is taking orders
    Mississippi Auto Arms - Nathan takes care of his customers and has good prices on mags

Hope this helps.

:wavey:

3. KYJoe

KYJoe
    Expand Collapse

It certainly does, but I have tried many of those and work orders right now are running anywhere from 12-16 weeks and are pretty pricey. It would be nice if there was a shop local (KY) that could also do a nice job. Just not sure if anyone is out there. For what it matters I am looking to convert the 7.62 not the 12.

4. EKUJustice

EKUJustice
    Expand Collapse

Contact Greg out at Guns Inc in Richmond, KY. I know he has done several of the 12ga, 223 and 7.62 conversions and is a good guy to deal with to boot

5. SDGlock23

SDGlock23
    Expand Collapse
    Glockoholic

I converted my Saiga 7.62. It's very easily really, just follow the instructions online. The hardest part for me was installing the bullet guide trunion, just because I don't have the tools to do it myself, I had to find someone with a drill press.