Gunslinger Girl (Manga)

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Jade Falcon, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Hi folks,

I'm not sure if this book series has been posted yet, so forgive me if it has.

As of late, the past couple of weeks, I have been bit by the Manga bug. I've always been a heavy reader, and I've already finished the first two Omnibuses in the series (books One and Two; series 1-3 and 4-6). Tonight, I plan on buying the next book (Omnibus three, series 7-8).

In short, it's about a Government agency in Italy, who takes broken and abused/abandoned girls, and turns them into cyborg killers (80% cyborg, 20% human). So far, they are very well written.

I was very attracted to the amount of detail that went into the research of the proper weapons and ammunition that went into this book series. The author did a hell of a job on his studies. The pictures/drawings are extremely accurate and very well done.

The first two:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I strongly recommend this series for high-action reading!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. MikeLadner

MikeLadner DILLIGAFF?

Have not read the Manga, but the Anime is awesome.

3. I just watched the Anime on YouTube, and I gotta say: I am totally hooked! I'm trying to find more of the English Dubbed versions, rather than the English-captioned versions. :cool:

4. The first season was great! The second season wasn't good. The animation, music and story line was sub-par.

You should try Samurai 7 also. Great series.

5. RoughTexturedTrav

RoughTexturedTrav Spenser4Hire

All of you should watch english dubbed Black Lagoon if you know what's good for you. Sorta like cowboy bebop except grittier.

6. MikeLadner

MikeLadner DILLIGAFF?

English dubbed? :shakehead::shakehead:

7. What's wrong with that?:dunno: