close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Guns you shouldn't like, but do.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Diesel McBadass, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    I made fun of the judge mercilessly. Then handle a smith governor and think its awesome and just want one.

The beretta 21 and 950 guns, too small to have a real purpose but just cool little things.

What do you like even though you probably shouldn't?

2. paulbow

paulbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Desert Eagle
    AR-15 pistols
    TC contenders
    X frame smiths

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    The Beretta Tomcat .32's

No real use with all the pocket .380s out there these days, but still always wanted one.

4. paragon1

paragon1

Sep 18, 2009
    The governor is a stretched N-frame so it has a good lineage.

5. Three-Five-Seven

Three-Five-Seven Señor Mombo Millennium Member

Aug 8, 1999
    Great Southwest
    There is a lot not to like about AK-47s when compared to modern assault rifles. But, I like 'em anyway.

6. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    My wife is a "Taurus" fan. So far she has yet to but a failure and just brought #6 home. Last year she brought a 4" 7-shot .357 "Tracker" home. I am a S&W guy and after years of shooting 6-shot revolvers that size an extra round is more annoying than anything, and I HATE ported handguns, the grips might be nice for a lot of folks but aren't quite "right" for me. Despite all that, it seems to not be picky about ammo, it doesn't really "hate" anything I've fed it, it has run 100%.

I have plenty of other .357s but I find myself taking this Taurus along with me more often than most of the other 4" .357s

7. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    Don't know why you shouldn't like the X frame S&Ws. I think they're fantastic guns, very versatile, love both of mine. Don

8. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    I like pistol caliber carbines, like my Sterling stormtrooper gun...even though I can accept a 5.56 would be superior.
    I like derringers, even though they aren't as practical.
    I like top break revolvers, even though they are not as strong as HE or solid framed guns.

9. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    I agree with part of that. But my norinco just keeps on singing!

10. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    The sights suck, the safety is less than convenient, and the lack of a bolt hold open ices the cake.

However, they work, even the cheaply built ones so they are still a good option.

11. Sig 238, S&W J-frames...they are too small to fit my hand properly, but they work none the less.

12. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    Of the ones I own I shouldn't like my Keltec PMR-30. It's plastic, ugly and Keltec. But for some reason I love it. It has got to be the caliber.

13. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

Wife liked hers so much I bought her an Inox with trim to replace her blue/black one. Now she has color selection.

14. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    NAA minis (i want a pug .22wmr badly)
    snake slayer
    thompson contender ( i will buy the first 45/70 i find).

15. pineappleshooter

pineappleshooter

Jul 7, 2011
    S.E. Pa
    My NAA Black Widow
    My old Arminius 22 revolver (I learned to shoot on this one)
    Old beat up single shot 22 rifles (currently restoring an old J.C. Higgins model)
    J Frames (who needs more than 1 - I have 8)
    My Kel Tec P3at (bash all you want - it goes bang every time I pull the trigger 800+ and counting)
    Walther PPKs
    etc. etc. etc.

16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
  17. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    GLOCKS!

They are plastic, blocky, plain, over hyped, have a unique grip angle, have no thumb or grip safety, people dont go oooh and ahhh when I unbox it at the range, they havent changed much in 25 years and they dont command a $1000 like a Kimber or Sig or HK...and they have no heirloom worthy character like a wood and steel 1911 or revolver.

I should hate them but I love them!!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012