close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GUNS:The Republicans have already given in.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by HerrGlock, Jan 2, 2013.

1. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

2. bikerdog

bikerdog

3. IceAxe

IceAxe

if it happens it will seal the death of the republican party

4. geofri

geofri Poikilotherm™ Lifetime Member

5. norton

norton

Sadly, this is inevitable.
    After the JFK, MLK and RFK assasinations in the 60's, we got the 1968 Gun control act. Prior to that, you could actually order rifles through the mail without paperwork. I got my first Marlin 39A delivered to my house (I was 13) by Parcel Post from a catalog business. No FFL, no dealers.
    That ended.
    This last tragedy has provoked Soccer mom's and Nancy boys from all across the States who generally never even thought about firearms prior to this situation.
    they are demanding action. The best we can hope for is a limited further restriction on our 2nd amendment rights.
    I hate, it, but it is what it is.

6. Restless28

Restless28

I think TSP had it right today. The fear is not in the Feinstein bill, it's what compromises that the democrat lites are going to give Feinstein.

Hi cap mags are gone. Possible registation of existing guns into some new Class 3 type special category, etc, etc.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. PAGunner

PAGunner

A meaningless E-mail, I think an executive order is more likely, perhaps there will be a "compromise" bill... If there is, it will mean repubs swept out in 2014 and us as fun owners will assure them their feet will be held to the fire, so I doubt any compromise bill will be passed.

That said anything can happen and we have to keep fighting, don't roll over and play dead, get back in the fight!

8. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

I'm not giving up a damn thing. You want me to pay taxes? Then leave me the hell alone. If not put me in jail and take care of me, I'll just carry high capacity shanks then.

9. Reissman

Reissman Millennium Member

Thats right, just emailed my reps again.

10. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Hate to say it... well no, I don't. Told you they would cave here to. Listen get it through your heads we are done with all political avenues. They have not existed for the last 12 years or more. What's happened is an acceleration of this reality. We have only two options left and I don't like either of them, but that's what's on the table.

Our "elected" officials are all in the same boat, they all answer to the same master and really, they don't care about we the people. It's about a final power grab and the initiation of 1932 all over. That is the reality and it sucks. I have been saying this for some time, but I either get called a tin foiler or ignored. The bull is most definitely in the China shop and we can't ignore it anymore.

11. bushhogg

bushhogg

Government gone wild.... get involed, help and support progun groups in your areas and progun politicians....wake up!!!!!

12. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Big shock...:upeyes:

And this is just the beginning. The GOP is in this mode of 'we must broaden our tent to welcome more people'. The reality is the GOP lost because the country went through a transition where the parasites have taken over. Now the GOP is working to give away more rights, forfeit any resemblance to ideals in managing the economy, etc.

Yea, I am writing my reps tonight...but we're done as a country. It's just a matter of time before we all realize it.

13. Cali-Glock

Cali-Glock Mountain Man

I have written my representative. I am confident he will vote against ANY anti-civil rights (2nd Amendment) legislation. Congressman McClintock http://www.tommcclintock.com/

Tom is a hard core conservative, voted against the fiscal cliff deal and has a long history (30 + years) of promoting pro-2nd Amendment issues, while fighting anti-civil rights (anti 2nd amendment) nonsense in the public realm

14. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Damn. We already lost. :crying: Guess I'll just find another hobby.

Everybody listen up! philipk and the other 5th columnists at GT are right. In the face of certain defeat we must surrender. :upeyes:

15. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

I just wrote mine this -

16. Pawcatch@aol.co

Pawcatch@aol.co

This is Washington we're talking about and it often takes them months to do anything.I don't put much stock at all in one email.
    How do we know what every Republican in the House is thinking from one dubious email?

Btw,who is Doc Thompson.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  17. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Imagine how WW2 would have turned out, with guys like them.

OH! LET'S QUIT GUYS! JAPAN TOOK OUR HALF OUR NAVY! :rofl:

18. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

Because it is consistent with the current GOP strategy that has been reiterated by several...'we must broaden our tent to include more people'.

19. Ruggles

Ruggles

Uhhh WTH does that blacked out none conclusive alleged email between unknown people prove?

I have said and still think some form of new AWB is gonna happen, if not now then in 2014/15. But this linked "story" shows/proves nothing.

20. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

No kidding. :supergrin: