close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guns in bars cause no problems

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by W420Hunter, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mj9mm

mj9mm
    Expand Collapse

some notable quotes in there, might be worth printing to use later as evidence.:cool:

2. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

In my state, it's all about consumption. Don't consume while in a bar/restaurant while CCW. It's been the law since CCW was enacted. I agree with this.

A recent article of Nebraska's CCW law shows that CCW has not caused those problems the anti-gun crowed thought it would, also, they underestimated the number of CCW permits that would be issued.

3. BamaBud

BamaBud
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

In Alabama, most of our permits don't say anything about bars being off-limits (there are a few counties, read college towns, that the sheriff restricts bar carry).

Our state law only says you cannot be a "habitual drunkard."

So we have always had bar carry with few problems, and you can even consume without being illegal.

But we're probably just a bunch of redneck hillbillies down here.

4. W420Hunter

W420Hunter
    Expand Collapse

I know of a few states that have the same policy, and I have yet to hear of any issues.

5. Deus Neco

Deus Neco
    Expand Collapse

LMAO!! I just read a thread where they crucified the OP for using redneck and hillbilly in the same sentence to describe this Texas CHL trainer.:rofl:

6. michael e

michael e
    Expand Collapse

My state doesn't allow carry in a bar or place that makes 51% or more off alchol sales. I only go to the bar about 1 x every 3 months, so not a real issue to me. As far as resturants and stores that sale we are fine to carry in so I am good.

7. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

Here in VA we just went a little over a year since our restaurant carry was allowed.

We have no bars in VA, only restaurants that serve alcohol.

Anyhow same story here, all the anti's claimed it would lead to blood in the streets. Actual incidents of firearms used in establishments that server alcohol has gone down.

8. wrenrj1

wrenrj1
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG]

9. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The states without the consumption limitation don't have problems either.

10. GiveMeLiberty

GiveMeLiberty
    Expand Collapse

We are still fighting this in NC. The general assembly shot down the restaurant carry provision following fear-mongering tactics from hoplophobic leftists. You know, the people reciting the "guns & alcohol don't mix" mantra, while ignoring the fact that the law would still prohibit consumption of alcohol while carrying. As it is, to be legal we have to disarm before entering any restaurant that serves alcoholic beverages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

11. RMD

RMD
    Expand Collapse

No law against carrying in bars here (CO) or even drinking while carrying (although you can't be "under the influence").

AFAIK, there's hasn't been any issues with CCers getting drunk and going crazy. We're generally a well behaved bunch :)

12. Spiffums

Spiffums
    Expand Collapse
    I.C.P.

13. ChadN.

ChadN.
    Expand Collapse

Don't mention any of this to the Illinois policymakers, they'll think its all a lie.

14. Jim S.

Jim S.
    Expand Collapse

Where I live there is a "biker bar" where most people open carry.
    Everyone is very well behaved.
    Who says bikers with guns are dangerous?

15. doktarZues

doktarZues
    Expand Collapse
    I'm anti-anti

I always get the smack down here when I post on this topic but I'm so far unswayed; I've never liked guns in bars. I would like to think that I'm wise and mature enough now to handle it, but I can't say the same for when I was in the 21-23 range in the Army when I was power drinking several nights a week, or many other people I knew then and know now. The right mixture of booze and testosterone can escalate anything into about anything, even if you're not drinking. If you're not following me, think of an elbow to elbow "night club" opposed to the local saloon down the road--big difference.

Guns and alcohol don't mix..that is a truly "common sense" rule to live by that the vast majority of gun owners agree with..but since we're always going to have the village (or bar) idiot, it's on my short list of 2A related that I support legislating.

If you want to hang out with the drunks, "don't take your guns to town son, leave your guns at home Bill." Hell, even Johnny Cash knew better :)

16. Jim S.

Jim S.
    Expand Collapse

So, because you think that some people can't handle it no one should be able to carry a gun in a bar?
    I guess the people who think that no one should own a gun are right?

17. doktarZues

doktarZues
    Expand Collapse
    I'm anti-anti

I think it should be illegal for someone to bring a gun to a place whose primary source of revenue comes from getting people intoxicated. I do not think "the people who think that no one should own a gun" are right.

If you want to hang out with the drunks (very elective decision mind you), leave your gun at home.

18. ChadN.

ChadN.
    Expand Collapse

Most, if not all, legal CCers I personally know are more patient and more respectful than most other people I know.

19. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Do you go to bars now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.