close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

guns in america

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by mc24, Nov 29, 2011.

1. mc24

mc24

Jan 30, 2011
    this may be in the wrong place, and if so, sorry. but i was reading today in my nra magazine american rifleman an article that said if our current administration is re-elected in 2012, that by 2016 our right to carry and bear arms would be gone. what is your thoughts on this matter. i personally think there would be a riot if the govt tries to take our weapons.

2. huggytree

huggytree

Nov 9, 2011
    we only won by ONE vote in the Supreme court a couple of years ago at the 2nd amendment meaning we can own guns (as a right)

swap that one vote and we could lose that right

it should shock everyone how close it is

i doubt they could accomplish it by 2016....Pro Gun is on the upswing from everything i can see.....Dems dont bring it up anymore

i remember during the clinton gun ban times how i felt like that Right was going to dissapear.....antigun was all over the news...and clinton wanted to take his 10 round ban down to 6 rounds........those days are gone...hopefully

3. rickster916

rickster916

Nov 2, 2010
    I am buying as many guns as I can afford ASAP. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

4. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

Jul 27, 2011
    CO
    Stack your mags and ammo high and stack em deep, my friends.

5. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Kentucky
    2nd Amendment-- Protecting American gun owners since 1790 or so.

Has been bent a little but far from broken, Will still be standing strong in 2016 no matter who is president.

My opinion.

6. AK74play

AK74play

Jun 26, 2010
    Indiana
    I dont really think our government will do it out right, they been trying forever and cant get it done. That said, our current administration is trying to go through NATO then when they govern it like every other country we will have to fall in line and our administration can go on nation wide TV and look you in the eye and say, it's not me, it's NATO. Our rights are in more danger now than they have ever been quite simply because way to many people think it could never happen here so they do NOTHING about it. If this trend continues much longer it's pretty much a guarentee that it will happen. WE have the power to stop it and it dont have to be done with guns. The pen really is more powerful than the sword (or gun) also the phone and at the top of the list would be the voting booth.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  7. I dont believe the 2nd amendment will be stricken but there will be so many laws inacted to water it down if the current administration stays in office after 2012.:steamed:

8. Its a great idea if they want 1,000 Timothy McVeigh's on their hands..

9. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    Not only are they trying to do an end around with NATO, my local congresswoman sent me a letter saying that some group is trying to outlaw lead in bullets and fishing weights. They are claiming that it is poisoning the water. What kind of crap is this?! Not only are they trying to take my ability to shoot away, these a-holes are trying to take away my fishing! :wow: Ill be damned! :steamed:

10. mfm9

mfm9 What?

Apr 2, 2011
    Huntsville, Alabama
    If you believe the NRA, this is inevitable unless we do something right now. If you believe the NRA, the best way to fight this is to give money to the NRA. So what else is new?

-Mike

11. J_P

J_P

Jun 25, 2010
    Texas
    Amen to that brother!!!! Also they are not taking my guns thats that!!

12. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    dixie
    These morons apparently arent aware that lead is a natural element.

13. AustinTx

AustinTx

Aug 16, 2006
    Tx
    Can you really visualize a riot against the US Army? I don't think it would last very long.

If every gun owner, joined the NRA, the pure number would panic every politician into repealing GCA 1968. There sure wouldn't be any more anti-gun laws passed. BUT, the majority say it won't ever happen and come up with some lame excuse as to why they don't like the NRA.

The NRA is my lobby, to keep my guns and anything associated with them. I shouldn't need, to have to support a PRO-gun lobby, to keep the Bill of Rights, second amendment, to the US Constitution, from being abolished. It's already being bent out of shape pretty well.

14. Reaper19

Reaper19

Nov 14, 2011
    IL & MN
    Sounds like 2008 to me. IMHO a BIG part is this is about $$$$$$. Hopefully ammo prices wont go to much higher.:faint:

Pround member of the NRA

15. The Second Amendment will be in trouble if Obama replaces any of the current conservatives (or moderate) judge on the Surpreme Court. Several of the judges are getting up in age. Between 2012 and 2016 it could likely happen if Obama is president.

[​IMG]

16. Rizzo

Rizzo Garbage Day!

Jun 10, 2008
    Godless country
    Yeah. I don't see it. If anything, it's getting better. Seems like every time I read the news, some state is drafting up concealed carry legislation where there was none before. NJ is the latest example. I grew up there, and remember what it's like. I thought I'd be dead in the cold, cold ground before that state ever even thought of concealed carry.

17. The Viking

The Viking

Feb 9, 2011
    If the current administration continues for another four years they will have a chance to pack the Supreme Court with liberals radically changing its rulings and outlooks on the second amendment. That will give them control of two branches of government. Saying it could not happen here is the mistake a number of people have made in other countries. It can happen here never doubt it.
    I am glad I am an old guy, who has gotten to live most of his life as a free man and not as one told what to do by an oppressive big government.

18. I don't believe it's coming that early. But, I make sure to be set for the rest of my live with firearms, ammo (lots of ammo), mags, important spare parts and other stuff. I know that companies make a fortune with guys like me, but I don't care. Even if never need all this crap, (which I hope) I have nice firearms collection which I can pass down to my kids and grand kids someday.

I stock up hard and hide everything deep. That's my hobby.