close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Guns and booze

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Scott3670, Jul 7, 2012.

1. I'm just sitting here enjoying a nice beverage and realxing after a hot (but short) day at the range. Anyway, I decided to practice my photography skills (which are mediocre at berst). FWIW, I took this picture before drinking and making sure that the gun was unloaded. Anyway, enjoy.

[​IMG]

2. GLOCK17DB9

GLOCK17DB9

Dec 30, 2011
    Troy, MI
    Nice photo! Its hard to believe that the two don't mix!:supergrin:

3. Ferdinandd

Ferdinandd

Feb 17, 2008
    Nice pic. I love Maker's Mark - have even toured the distillery - and I'm a big fan of Sig Arms - have been to the factory and offices in Exeter, NH. However, I feel that firearms and alcohol are a bad combination. With a momentary lapse of focus, accidents happen with gunds - and alcohol consumption compromises focus, in my experience.

Good photo, disclaimer withstanding.

4. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
  5. Yeah, one of my favorite guns.

6. I could not agree with you more. However, I clearly stated that I took this picture with an unloaded firearm and before drinking. I pride myself on being very safe with firearms.

7. Hell yeah

G19 - Gen 3
    G37 - Gen 3
    NEF Pardner SBI 12 Ga.
    Savage Model 24 - .22LR/410

8. garya1961

garya1961

Mar 17, 2012
    NC
    What do you do if after you had a few drinks you hear glass breaking at the rear of you house and you gun is unloaded? I'm not trying to be critical just asking. I don't drink now but I use to and I don't condem anyone for taking a drink, but shouldn't you be ready to protect yourself even if drinking? I would leave it loaded but in a safe place and only touch it if it was an emergency.
    As I said before I don't mean to sound critical just wondering what you and others think about protecting yourself while drinking.

9. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Deleted, belatedly.

Apparently posted in the wrong thread. Sorry to all.

10. I respect your opinion but in all honesty I limit myself to one drink per night, rarely two. In any event I agree that an unloaded gun is all but broken, but it is not the only gun that I possess and for the sake of this picture it was not serving time on my night stand for HD purposes. I'm not trying to provoke an argument here, just responding to your good post. The bottom line here is that I am always prepared to defend my wife and household should the poop hit the fan.

Finally, it is this kind of thought-provoking discussion that proves the value of forums like this.

11. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    I don't think your level of consumption compromises your ability to think and act rationally. Don

12. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City
  13. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    Good pic. I like it. Good guns and good whiskey! What more does a man really need in life? :)

14. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    I don't presume to speak for the OP, but what he stated in his post was that he made sure the gun was unloaded before taking the pic of it and the bottle. I would not assume that the gun stayed unloaded after he was done goofing around with it and the camera. So, I would suggest if the need arose, he probably would be able to produce a loaded weapon to deal with said need.

15. Smoker

Smoker

Jul 21, 2008
    NE Kansas
    Internet cops had to bust your ball$ just cuz they can!!!