close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Guns and Ammo types for shtf

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Glock 1, Nov 14, 2012.

1. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Uneasy - you've had good luck with the KCI's for glocks? I've avoided them because the KCI's that I bought for M1 carbines are disappointing.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  2. UneasyRider

UneasyRider C.D.B.

Dec 1, 2005
    I find them to be quite good. The steel on the lips is a little sharper than Glock finishes it but I may actually like that better... go figure.

Mine are all G19's my old Gen 3's and now with Gen 4's with my complete change over to 9mm, .22LR and .223. They work really well and I never look to see which type of magazine I am grabbing, I treat them all the same.

3. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Thanks - if the current magazine silliness ever subsides, I may try some.

4. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks guys. I looked up the KCI mags and found them for 16.50 each. I might get a few and test them out. If they are good I have several I could use.

5. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro

Jul 16, 2012
    This is a great thread. It is causing me to start thinking about what-ifs in my own area. I think I will need a bit more ammo.

6. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    I scored 10 Springfield XDM 9 with the 3.8" and 19rd Mags today and 30 extra mags. I am going to add a pair of them to my collection and sell the remianing 8. G19's are scarce and the XDM is 13/19 rd versatile and will take its place nicely since I have more than enough magazines. :supergrin:

7. Holy crap!!

8. Aceman

Aceman

Nov 30, 2008
    Tampa
    Ummm....is it just me or is there a lot of gun swapping going on here. 2 17's and 2 a9's is a pretty good deal. Both will use 17 mags.

Why did we go to XD's?????

9. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    They just came available today with my distributor so I ordered 10 of them to resell. I still have 4 19's on order (2 for me, 2 for my sister). Until they come in the XD's will serve as a place holder. I also ordered a 92FS today just because I want one. I really just wanted the XD's to have more new guns. lol I will sell the other 8.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  10. Glock 1

Glock 1

Aug 21, 2011
    Texas
    Yep. I don't mention it here though since I am not a sponsor. Yet.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire