close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gunny Match/Shot Show 2007

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Nov 3, 2006.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

The Gunny Match
    will not be connected with the Shot Show this year (2007). Further information
    will come later.

2. OMF64

OMF64

Danny, thanks for the info. Let me just say that this "SUCKS". I have planned my entire vacation around it since it has been for the last 2 years. Now I am stuck with a worthless plane ticket since I am not interested in anything else in Florida. I just changed my mind about that life membership. If I can't relie on folks to be consistant I don't need them. Guess I will just stay out west and enjoy what I have locally.

Sorry if I sound made at the messenger, as I am not. But I am not happy with the GSSF circle jerk around.

3. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

I guess the consistancy you are looking for is that the Gunny Match may indeed be in Vegas for the third straight year--speculation on my part. If you cannot find anything else interesting in Orlando, that is sad. Orlando is my favorite city. Gunny or no Gunny, having the Shot Show on the east coast is very special to me.

If you wish to vent anger, perhaps you should direct it towards the organizers of the Shot Show for moving in in 2007.

4. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i'd think 2 years in a row with the SHOT show is more coincidence than GGSF being or not being consistant. it'd take a big leap of faith for me to go to the trouble and expense of planning a trip across the country to see something that hasn't been announced or scheduled.

5. OMF64

OMF64

Danny;

Again let me assure you that I am not mad at you. As for Orlando, I lived there for a little over 12 years so there isn't much there that I have seen more than once. I was just so excited about getting to see the Gunny Match and the cream of the crop shooters and it has always been in conjunction with the shot show I was trying to get good air fares and beat the last minute fare increases. You usually have a better choice if you make reservations in advance instaed of making them the day before you travel. I bet those folks who are invited to shoot the Gunny Match have a heck of a time trying to schedule time off from work and make flight and hotel reservations if the location is not announced until the last minute. Since the match has always been mid week before the shot shot many would have to get time off work to attend and many employers don't take to kindly to spur of the moment requests for time off unless its an emergency. I just wonder if any of this has been considered by the folks in power?

I will just stay out here and see if I can use my ticket sometime within the next year somewhere else, since its non refundable.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

I was also looking forward to seeing the Gunny Match and Shot Show in Orlando in Jan. 07. Sorry to hear the Gunny Match will not be there with the show but I will still be attending the Shot Show. Of course it's only about a 5 hour drive for me so no big deal other than the dissappointment of not getting to watch some of the top shooters compete.:thumbsup:

7. borntoglock

borntoglock

Take a big breath, a case of ammo, and go to the range.

8. OMF64

OMF64

Have you ever shot an Outdoor GSSF Match? I didn't think so.

9. Don At PC

WOW Holy Cow; that seems pretty direct. Do they know each other?

10. dhoomonyou

dhoomonyou

11. borntoglock

borntoglock

Just got through the Lexington match. Oh, by the way, it was my first match and I am in the top 30.:tongueout:

12. Don At PC

borntoglock;

Congratulations on your 1st GSSF Match. Good shooting. I have shot the Lexington match for the past 5 years and it is always one of the best matches on the schedule. It is also the most beautiful range and club house facilities I have ever seen. Good folks up there, well worth the drive from the Pan Handle of Florida.:thumbsup: