close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GunBroker

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by bobbss, Dec 19, 2012.

1. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    I've been thinking about buying a TRP off of GunBroker,I've wrote 3 sellers to clear a few things up,mostly about what if it shows up not looking factory new.The one that had the best price wrote back but the gun sold before I got the email.I haven't heard from the others and one of them has sold now too.Would you worry much about the condition if it says factory new and they have a good score?The cheaper ones are going fast and I'm thinking prices are only going to get worse with all the talk about gun control.My LGSs say their flying off the shelf.Thanks!

2. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    I believe the answer you seek is covered by the Gunbroker rules, regulations, terms of service, etc. Have you read them yet?

3. carguy2244

carguy2244

Jan 13, 2009
    Good rated sellers are fine. Relax and buy your weapon.

4. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    Years ago Gunbroker used to be awesome, not quite the same now as it used to be.

5. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    Thanks,I've never bought a gun on line before and can't find one local.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
  7. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I never had an issue with buying on GB. I've literally done dozens of transactions.

8. brianfede

brianfede

Apr 7, 2011
    Chicago Area
    I have never had a problem with gunbroker either. Did you look at Buds? Maybe you would feel more comfortable buying from them.

9. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    Yes,I would of felt more comfortable buying from Buds or one of the other big ones but none of them had a TRP in stock.I've already paid for one on GunBroker now,and it should be on it's way.

10. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan

Jul 15, 2010
    KY
    Congrats! You should be fine with GB. :cool:

11. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    I have never had a problem from GB, just check out their rating.

12. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    The guy I delt with is a FFL with a A+ 249 score and 0 neg.I think I'm ok.

13. prez1967

prez1967

Feb 4, 2011
    I bought my TRP on GB about 2.5 years ago for $1250 shipped factory new! I made an account, found the deal, sent the money order and then my TRP was at my FFL. Dont sweat it if they have good ratings.... If they have no feedback, call them up and have a chat. Remember, everyone starts somewhere.

14. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY

Great suggestion, I bought my Sig X-five from a guy with no feedback. I told him I needed his home number, after I had that I could verify who he was. Come to find out the guy was loaded. :faint:

15. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    I've bought 3 guns from them in the past 2 months...no issues. Buy your gun and if it makes you feel better, ask for some close up pics. I did and the seller emailed them to me pretty quick.

16. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut
    I just bought a NIB TRP on Gunbroker from JST outfitters. It was the only place I could find one. I was worried about all that stuff as well but the deal went flawlessly. I was worried about the FFL maybee doing something but the whole deal went smooth like butter. Go for it. You have recourse if something were to happen, but it wont!

[​IMG]

17. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    Wow!Thats who I bought mine from.Glad to hear it went well.

18. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut
    He is a great guy! Good ole boy! :wavey: You will have no problems with him. I called him yesterday for another firearm. I will use him for guns when I can! Your gonna love the TRP, it is unreal. Tight, clean, accurate, and perty! But it is heavy. I need to get an outer coat like a long windbreaker to carry OWB.

19. bobbss

bobbss

Nov 23, 2006
    St.Louis
    He sounded like a good guy when I called him to make payment.Your making my wait seem even longer.lol!This will be my first 1911,and nicest handgun,or should be.lol!

20. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut
    Hey, the TRP was my first 1911 as well.! :cool: Tell me you are 46 and live on the shoreline in CT and you'll really freak me out!