close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun tacker question

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by mikey177, Nov 11, 2004.

1. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Hey guys, what type/brand of staple gun tacker can you guys recommend for tacking those cardboard targets during practice? I went to the hardware store today to look for a tacker, and I got confused by the different brands and sizes that were available.

Also, what size staple wire should I be using? Will the shorter or smaller size wires be effective in keeping the target boards from falling off the wooden frames?

2. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    the staples come in a black box with yellow and light blue markings. arrow yata brand. it's available at National Bookstore. I can't remember the staple number and the brandname of the staple gun itself. Kunin mo yung heavy duty na.

my tacker is Rapid brand. Made in Sweden.

3. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Okay, thanks for the tip, Doc :)

The hardware store I went to was selling the Arrow brand tacker, but they didn't have any staple wires to go with it so I hesitated to buy it. Tingin na lang ako sa QC next week.

4. doctabako

doctabako Gun Aficionado

Aug 11, 2003
    Philippines
    I use the Bostitch brand of tacker, made in USA(left over from my father's political campaigning days). Hamilton staples( My tacker uses No.51) are good and cheap, they come in green boxes of 5,000 staples. I buy them from hardwares in Chinatown.

5. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    arrow. i THINK the size is T50(???). i used to get the med staple wires but it wasnt enough to hold the boards - maybe due to the kind of wood also. get the long ones, kahit may stuck na old staples pa sa wood, kayang kaya ng long wires. experience ko ito with armscor, sa dami ng old wires stuck sa wood, the board hardly touches the wood, pero with long wires yakang yaka.

6. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

Jan 28, 2003
    Philippines
    Ok, thanks guys. Must make a trip to another hardware store :)

7. gunfool

gunfool

Aug 23, 2004
    makati
    Why not go to ACE Hardware. I had seen some heavy duty tackers there. I just couldn't recall the brand.

8. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    chippangang daikin from robinson's handyman or ace hardware, puwede na