close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Shows

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by ColCol, Aug 14, 2010.

1. ColCol

ColCol

Apr 15, 2010
    TN
    Gun shows drive me nuts. We had one today and I got there fifteen minutes after opening(9:15) and there was a line about a block long. It's never been that bad before. Finally got in, spent an hour and came out to have a smoke and there was still a block long line. I think everybody in the Southeast was at this show.

I picked up some powder I'd been wanting to try-HS-6, Universal Clays and some fresh Unique as mine was getting pretty old all for the .40 and .45. Stunned by the price of powder, I also bought some CCI primers($32/1K) Starline 45 brass(no Winchester available) and a primer pocket reamer and a few other goodies. No one had Speer bullets and Hornady FMJ and JHP were scarce-mostly calibers I wasn't looking for. I passed up some Lawman .45 FMJ for $19/50. Probably should have gotten a few boxes.

I spent a couple of hours and came out and there was still a line outside. I think I'll buy tickets in advance next time.

2. Nobody goes to gun shows anymore....they are too crowded...

3. dudel

dudel

Dec 10, 2008
    Texas Hill Country
    Around here, Gun shows have become a waste of time and money. Long lines to get in and overpriced reloading equipment. Table after table of Hi-Points that cost more than the local shop. Everything seems to be overpriced.

Sad; because I can remember when I looked forward to them.

4. W

W Book 'em, Spock

Aug 15, 2000
    I love gun shows, but my bank account doesn't. Always find bargains and a smokin' deal or two. Usually more deals to be had than I have the funds to take advantage of.

5. albyihat

albyihat

Aug 3, 2007
    SW Montana
    once i found someone with a FFL who was willing to sell me guns i stoped going to the shows. after you pay to get in the 2-3$ you save on some components does not add up.