close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun show loop hole??

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Psychman, Dec 19, 2012.

1. number1gun

number1gun

Apparently many of can not read.

2. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

No. Read every word of that garbage you strung together in one big paragraph

3. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

And apparently you cannot type. Our reading capability is top notch. Don't blame others when you are unable to be coherent..

4. tehan2

tehan2 NRA & GOAL

in your "all knowing what is right" mind, how many guns should I be able to sell in a year?

I'll follow that with I've sold 2 motorcycles and 2 cars this year....does that make me a car/bike dealer

5. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

How ever the BATF say you are able to..Duh!

6. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Take the seconds you devoted to debating here and write to your congressmen, senators and even to the president.

Tell them that you don't want to loose your gun rights. That the AWB is a bad idea!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

The whole concept of an FFL itself is an abomination. There should be no federal licensure.

8. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

I'll offer one last bit of food for thought, quoted from the majority's 5 to 4 opinion in Heller:

So, while the idea of an utterly unemcumbered right under the 2nd Amendment is a nice libertarian dream, it in no way comports with the amendment as understood by the conservative members of the Court, two of whom (Scalia and Thomas) are constitutional originalists.

Scalia, btw, authored the opinion.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  9. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Hen, you've been here over a year and still don't have a feel for us. Either you're trolling or completely dense. Nobody, other than perhaps anti trolls, shares your interpretations of our posts. You're just getting tiresome.

10. glockguy213

glockguy213 NRA Life Member

Here is some food for thought:

1. Why should a law abiding gun owner have to pay for a criminal background check when he/she buys a gun from a licensed dealer while Joe Felon walks out of a gun show with a gun without being checked out? Makes no sense.

2. A person selling his/her own gun that was purchased by them at a licensed dealer has his/her name tied to that gun's serial number. If that gun is ever used in a crime and left at the crime scene, guess who the police are coming after?

Yes, I know that most of guns used in crimes are stolen, but at some point these unregistered guns are going to be resold and used in the commission of a crime.

If criminals are going to get their hands on guns, at least make them work for them.

We should all do are part in making sure that guns do not get into the wrong hands. The more crimes committed with guns, the greater chance we have of our gun rights being taken away. This last shooting in CT could very well be the beginning of the end.

11. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Well what you say is not the case. Some states have different laws for a private sale in your living room than for a private sale at a gun show.

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

1. When is the last time you bought a gun? I haven't ever been charged for a 4473 NICS check

2. Wrong. The gun was sold or stolen.

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You go with Scalia and Thomas, I'll go with Thomas Jefferson.

I don't know where you get this libertarian bit from but its simply reading the Amendment as written.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  14. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

This is so full of fail. Where do I begin? You make contradictory statements. Are felons buying firearms in gun shows or are they stealing them? You make it sound as if they are going en masse to gun shows and purchasing them. If so, you should have no problem showing that with citations and statistics.

How if by your own admission that guns used in crimes are stolen how are we gonna make criminals work for them by forcing private legal transactions between individuals go through the federal government?

The police don't just go after someone that was the original purchaser of a firearm that was used later in a crime. They will question them however.

15. Henry's Dad

Henry's Dad woof, woof

This all started over a disagreement regarding felons owning guns.

I say they shouldn't.

You say they should.

Other than that, you and I probably don't have much disagreement between us.

If you think defending a felon's right to own a gun is a good idea (constitutionally, politically, or in terms of public relations), and is the logical conclusion of 2A absolutism, call Wayne LaPierre and tell him to push it as an agenda item at Friday's NRA press conference and during his appearance this weekend on Meet the Press.

While you're at it, find me a single pro-2A member of the US House or Senate who is willing to stand on the floor of their chamber and give a speech advocating for gun ownership for convicted felons. Hell, find me one who would have said it before last Friday's shooting.

My money says neither Wayne nor a single member of Congress will take you up on it. So I guess that makes them all flaming liberals looking to bed down with Sara Brady just like me, right?

16. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

James Madison wrote the Second Amendment.

Under the Constitution the judicial Power of the United States shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judicial power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under the Constitution.

17. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Not to speak for CF, but he was referencing this quote by TJ..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."-

18. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Oh I see. Well that quote was from a draft of the Virginia Constitution and it was not adopted.

19. glockguy213

glockguy213 NRA Life Member

1. Three guns in the last three weeks. The latest was today at 3:30 PM, Glock 20, Ace Sporting Goods, Washington, PA.

2. The police will still come to the sellers door, it is then up to the individual to divulge to the police officer, the whereabouts of the gun.

About 7 or 8 years ago, a dealer in north-central PA had one of his personal guns stolen from his home by his own son, who then sold it to a "friend", who, after a night of drinking, shot and killed a state trooper who pulled the the kid over for a traffic violation. The police were at the dealer's store the minute he opened for business that morning.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You still don't get it.

This isn't about felons owning guns. This is about allowing the government to whittle out special classes of people who are denied certain rights, such as the right of self defense.

It is also about nonsensical feel good laws that accomplish nothing. Felons intent on using guns to commit another crime, will get them. Law be damned. So you have, by definition, disarmed only those felons (40% by the numbers you cited) who have served their sentence and taken advantage of their newfound freedom and opportunity to be a law abiding, contributing member of society.

Finally, it is about reassigning responsibility for keeping dangerous felons off of the streets -- to the courts and legislatures where it belongs. NOT granting more unconstitutional power to the federal government that has no authority to regulate guns in the first place. If they can't be trusted among us, keep them locked up.

How many pages has this run and you still can't grasp these simple concepts?

But if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy and like some uber citizen to sell your guns through an FFL, go ahead.