close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Show Choices in Revolvers

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by Glen, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Glen

Glen
    Expand Collapse

Hello All,

I was at a local gunshow today and noticed several revolvers that attracted my interest. They were a S&W 642 for $349, an EAA Windicator .357 snubbie for $299, and a Charter Arms Bulldog 44 Spcl for $365. Looking at HD, carry and maybe car/truck gun type uses. I have a G21, G19 & G17 but I think the revolver bug may have bit me. Any thoughts on these and which would you choose? Thanks in advance.

2. sdsnet

sdsnet
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member
    CLM

The bug has evidently bit me as well. I'm thinking of purchasing a number of .38 or .357 caliber snubby revolvers for use in the car, different locations of the home etc. I'm thinking S&W or Ruger and no scandium.

#2 sdsnet, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  3. Chup

Chup
    Expand Collapse

My first choice would be the 642 or the 442 (I like Black). Very good back up gun for the pocket. Also a wide assortment for ammo choice. I have never had a Windicator I have read they are OK. I like 357s. The Bulldogs have a big following also a potent caliber but 44 Special ammo is a little harder to come by in some areas and more expensive. Well that's my opinion, your on your own.

4. Fox

Fox
    Expand Collapse
    Varmit Control

Get the Bulldog revolver.

Ammo? Get a Lyman 310 tool and dies to make make your own ammunition.