close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Show Birch Run

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by JohnJak, Aug 12, 2007.

1. JohnJak

JohnJak sadly spent

Mar 7, 2005
    Michigan
    Well with my honey do list caught up with, I decided to treat myself to a new AR upper for my new AR lower (purchased from Centennial here at GT). Walking in there with my piggy bank I wandered all over. I just love going there and spending $$ helping the guys and girls out. So There is a gentleman there that I have seen on occasions who builds custom uppers. So standing there drooling like a dummy for about 4 minutes no one asked me if I needed any help. So I left and repeated this process for a couple of other times (3 more to be exact) and still no one acknowledged me. What does it take for someone to say Hi or to ask if I needed any help. So I took off with my piggy bank and left to go home. I did stop by some other tables to donated some of my $$. I won't mention any names ( tonys uppers) because it would not be fair to him. So I'll just go online and place an order to someone who wants my $$. John

2. rddiehl

rddiehl

Jan 22, 2005
    Davison, Michigan
    typical gun show, thats why i don't waste my time anymore.

3. Glockinstine

Glockinstine

Feb 4, 2006
    S.E. Michigan
    I know what you meen..I'm in sales.

I can tell you, these folks are just gun nuts with more grap than most of us. They are not in sales or customer service. Oh and I noticed the prices in most cases are NOT as good as I can do in shops.

4. I went to my first gun show in 5 years a couple of weeks ago. What a disappointment. Not only was the seller attendence less than half of what I remember, the prices were not anything special. I paid the same price for a new G26 that I would have paid at any local shop.