Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Gun shops of northern VA.

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by RWBlue, Aug 18, 2012.

1. RWBlue

Jan 24, 2004
    I have the bug..or should I say. I don't NEED another gun, but I WANT another gun. This will be my first gun purchase in VA. Anything special I need to bring along.

I think this time I am going to go visit multiple gun shops and find something used and interesting (vs. hunting down the best price on a particular make, model.....).

I am in Alexandria. What gun shops should I visit. I figure if I still have the bug next weekend and WANT a new gun, I will make a day of running to all the gun shops.

PS, I still don't have a place I really love to go shoot. It is just not the same here as it was in Ohio. I need to find a new job is a smaller town.
  2. Glocktastic

Sep 25, 2008
    Hey RW,

I am not sure which gun store is the best in the NOVA area, but I've had good luck with Virginia Arms in Manassas and Blue Ridge Armory in Chantilly. If you are willing to drive to Warrenton, Clark Brothers always has something interesting, notwithstanding prices on everything.

Two forms of ID with your address and name, on of which is your license (for VA resident).

I've also heard Greentop is the place go down towards Richmond, which also happens to be near Bass Pro Shops.

In addition, be sure to check out for FTF purcashes which are legal in VA.

But be forewarned, checking VAguntrader is an addiction.

Welcome to the Old Dominion!
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012

3. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Aug 5, 2012
    I think Virginia Arms Company on Route 28 in Manassas is the best gun shop in Northern Virginia. Very professional staff. It's mostly handguns, tactical rifles and shotguns. Sharpshooters Indoor Range in Lorton has a good selection of guns as well. Lots of surplus military rifles for sale.
  4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    Bernie (the owner) runs the best gun shop in Nova at Virginia Arms.
  5. simotek

Jul 29, 2012
    DC Area
    Virginia Arms gets my vote for the best shop in the area. I've bought a lot from them.

There is a new shop (the only one inside the Beltway, I believe) called NOVA Firearms. They are small and have working-man hours but might be worth checking out. I bought my Kahr from them and they price-matched.
  6. Luminary

Oct 26, 2009
    Virginia Arms is the best gun shop in Northern VA.
  7. watsoncb

watsoncb CLM

Dec 31, 2006
    Falls Church
    Loudoun Guns is another decent store is in Leesburg. Both Virginia Arms and Guns & Ammo Warehouse in Manassas are great stores too.

I recently visited NOVA Firearms in Falls Church and it was a waste of time. They have a very small inventory, charge a very high transfer fee, their prices are high and the general attitude of the place was go %@#$* yourself "we are the only VA gun store inside the beltway". :steamed:

They are less than a mile from my house, but I would rather drive 20 miles than go back. :faint:
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  8. FTjoe

Apr 3, 2009
    southern maryland
    greentop gets my vote. and as mentioned above, there is a bass pro shops nearby. and there is a gander mountain store in the area too so you can visit 3 stores within miles of each other.
  9. Loudoun Guns +1.

Awesome store. Great selection and they are great to brows as the guys will BS with you for hours!

There was one younger guy who actually carried and would joke that he carried Desert Eagle .50 iwb and a Glock 20 in an ankle Holster as his EDC. Every one teased him and when asked why he would always say. " cuz I can". Or " why not". Lol

This message brought to you by the letter G!
  10. Nova Armament, Herndon
    Guns and Ammo Warehouse, Manassas
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  11. Are you looking for shooting or buying a firearm? I would check around on all guns. If you don't mind driving go down to Clark Brothers in Warrenton. Their prices are normally right in line with most other shops. For middle of the day shooting most of the ranges are pretty good.
  12. Nation's Gun Show at The Expo Center in Chantilly, several times per year. It's big. Maybe too big.

Check Trader Jerry & Dark Sun among other major dealers.