close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

gun shop rip off ?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by zukyota, Feb 1, 2010.

1. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I bought A RRA AR 15 from A gun shop saturday. They told me it was new & it had A chrome lined barrel. After talking on AR.COM, some folks told me to make sure it had the clb. I called RRA & they ran the #'s on the lower & they told me the lower was sold as A stripped lower :wow:. I called & talked to A friend who builds AR's & he told me what the gun shop did was illegal. Is this true ? When I called the shop & told them what RRA said, they told me to bring the gun back. About 5 minutes later they called again & said after some research they had made A mistake & put the wrong tag on the gun & sold it as A new gun. They said they have A new one just like it in the box & I could get RRA to verify the #'s & they would swap mine out. They also said the gun I have was built by someone & traded in. What would you do ? I want to swap the gun for the new one after I verify it's new, I'm just aggravated about the "mixup" Any advice ?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  2. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    i say if the gunshop is fessing up to the mixup and offering a fix then give them the rifle to exchange

that is one shady shop though and i wouldn't shop there again

3. I would verify the numbers and exchange for the new one that was supposed to be yours.

4. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    I agree. If the shop’s willing to make it right, let them. No harm, no foul, this time. But I’d be careful about dealing with them in the future.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    This would be my plan,......

6. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Behind the Green door
    Agree with above sounds like they either made an honest mistake ORRRRRRR were caught red handed,,,,,, either way go in ASAP and get what you paid for.

7. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I'm thinking red handed, but as long as I get what I wanted all is good. Last time I shop there though.

8. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    You could also keep the current gun and get a partial refund or store credit. Wouldn't have a warranty, though.

9. TKM

TKM Shiny Member Lifetime Member

A little matter of FET rears its ugly head.

10. thisaway

thisaway Moderator

Jan 11, 2000
    Soddy Daisy, Tenn.
    +1 on that

11. DYLANB80

DYLANB80

Dec 21, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Sounds like to me they got busted. Get what they owe you and tell them to stick it.

12. plainsman

plainsman

Jul 25, 2005
    Who knows, maybe the parts gun might be better.......

13. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    That is what I would do. And also you don't have to capitalize "A" every time you us it. As in a gun, a car, a anything.

14. panzer1

panzer1 NRA MEMBER

Jun 10, 2006
    p.a.
    Now how is that "One shady shop"? Maybe it was just a mix up by someone that worked there? They are makeing good on it are they not?

15. markman

markman

Dec 30, 2004
    N. IL
    I'd personally demand my money back and never shop there again! I don't believe I could trust them!

16. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    went to get replacment gun and was told it had a chrome lined barrel, called RRA to confirm gun & they told me it did not have chrome lined barrel. The shop is shotgun supply in Saks,Al. DO NOT SHOP THERE !

17. remember911

remember911 Remember911

Apr 18, 2008
    Sturgeon
    Thats not the way guns come in my shop or leave. :wow: New is new in box with S# on box and gun.Thats why he came back with that offer. Hope things work out

18. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Well then I hope you got your money back.

19. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    Differentiating between chrome and unlined is not difficult. You should be able to see the chrome in the chamber. That is inexcusable on their part!!!
    Hope you got your money back.

20. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    I got my money back, now I need a rifle.