close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Shop employees who act like they hate their job.

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by 2legit2quit, Apr 16, 2007.

1. 2legit2quit

2legit2quit

Jul 9, 2006
    classified
    Stopped by Popguns the other day. I think the employees there need more sleep or different jobs. There was one guy named Fred who was friendly, professional, and helpful. A big guy acted like a complete jerk towards customers in the shop and on the phone. The guy who appeared to be the manager or boss seemed to not give a damn about anything. Customer service was lacking big time. I'm not expecting to find Little Miss Sunshine working in a gun shop. But why are these people in the business if they act like they hate their job so much?

I won't go out of my way to stop there ever again.

2. KSFreeman

KSFreeman Broken Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Lafayette, Indiana
    We should all pause and remember Kirk's Laws of the Internet. Kirk's Law are unfailing and a continually source of comfort to those confused by the gun culture.

"People do not become gun dealers to make money; they become gun dealers to tell others 'NO!'"

Let it be written for it is The Truth!

Kirk the Wise, Kirk the Clement.

3. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman Tired Member

I noticed that also about Popguns. I spent about 45 minutes there looking in the display case and nobody even asked if they could show me anything. Other shops are different.

4. sjstill

sjstill Guest

I think we're very friendly at Plainfield. I can get rude, but the customer has to try pretty hard to get me there.

5. minuteman32

minuteman32 NRA & GOA Life

Aug 20, 2004
    Central IN.
    Man, I must not be trying hard enough!:poke:

6. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    By any chance do you mean "tall" when you say "big," and did he have sandy-colored hair?

7. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    Okay, which number is that?

So far I have documented Kirk's Laws the First, the Second, and the Fifth.

8. 1-2man

1-2man Part Time

Sep 28, 2006
    Detroit
    I'm driving 45 minutes 1-way to shoot and buy guns when there is a shop 5 minutes and 20 minutes away from my house. They were rude, uninterested in my business or clueless on the products they were selling. After spending a few thousand in the course of a couple months, I found somewhere that knew how to take my money.

9. singlestacksig

singlestacksig

May 13, 2006
    indiana
    Yes, I have driven very far out of my way to purchase a gun @ Plainfield..

Pop Guns once refused to show my Wife a gun and were very rude to her..
    We have never purchased a thing from them...and probably never will..

10. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    If they only knew how much she loves to shoot . . . hey would have tried a lot harder to keep you both as customers. Or maybe not! Maybe they're just that bad.

11. singlestacksig

singlestacksig

May 13, 2006
    indiana
    OH, they will never know..
    It was going to be her first purchase......

Sometimes she jokes about going in there and doing the scene from "pretty woman" , the one about the bad sales man who makes commission...

12. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    That would be awesome! If you guys ever win a lottery or otherwise come into crazy amounts of money, you should do. But make sure to invite me, because I want to hear her say, "BIG MISTAKE!"

13. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    For you south-side-ishers there is a new shop in Mooresville, AAC Guns. You may recognize several faces there if you have been going to Plainfield. ;)

14. 2legit2quit

2legit2quit

Jul 9, 2006
    classified
    This guy had very short hair. Tall, stocky build. Carried a Glock and was surly.

The overall attitude I got in that shop is the customer is a pain in the ass.

15. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    Indiana st., right next to the KFC.

16. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

Apr 10, 2002
    Behind the curtain
    I won't say you didn't have a bad experience at Pops- but I like the place. I used to stop in there 2-3 x a week(sane detour on the way home).
    Those guys kinda got to know me and flipped me some really good deals.
    I'll add this- Pops is ALOT nicer place on any weekday afternoon than it is on the weekends! that place is crazy busy on Saturdays.

17. 2legit2quit

2legit2quit

Jul 9, 2006
    classified
    I was there on a week day around 2:30. If that is the nice time to go I can only imagine Saturdays!

18. jmb79

jmb79

Sep 27, 2001
    Wyoming
    I have always had good experiences at Pop Guns. Moreover, during the long, cold Winter months when the employees at Eagle Creek are too wimpy to open, it's the only place reasonably close at which to shoot.

Now, if you want a gun shop full of unsavory employees, go to Plainfield Shooting Supply. The worst one there is the tall, wirey red headed fellow!

19. The guys at Pops are definately ASSES.

But the worst has to be Jason at Elmore's.

He went to college until he got bored and it was to much trouble,then came to work for old dad.He will totally ignore customers to sit and look at catalogs,that's why we call him the "Catalog Commando" kinda like a Sidewalk Commando but alot more lazy.
    And then there's the fact of him being an expert at everything but unable to fix anything.;)