close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

gun shooting left can i adjust the fixed rear sight?

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by 527varmint, Jun 23, 2010.

1. 527varmint

527varmint
    Expand Collapse

I got meprolight fixed sights on my g-20. The 10mm barrel shoots about 2 inches left. THe 40sw barrel is even worse it shoot more like 3 or 4 inches left. This is at 25 ft.

I had the site installed by glockmeister when i got the gun. I don't have a sight pusher.

Is there any way I can drift the sight a little to get it shooting straight for me?

To move my group to the right I need to drift the rear sight to the right?

Now I wish I got the adjustable sights. I think they would have worked fine with my simply rugged holster.

2. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow
    Expand Collapse
    Ret. Fireman

I used a 1/4" square wooden dowel trimmed it to fit the slot of the sight and tapped my standard fixed sights over to where they need to be without any problems.

Yes drift right to move POI right

3. texas 48

texas 48
    Expand Collapse
    Gold Member

Thats the ticket. Good advice Shadow. I assume that you don't have too much off hand pulling gun left anticipating recoil?

4. 527varmint

527varmint
    Expand Collapse

I think maybe it is me pulling or something else. Also the indoor range lighting SUCKS and its is really hard to see the black sights. More practice and shooting outdoors before I mess with the sights. Good to know I can adjust the rear sight myself.