close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun sharing

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by Generalcarry, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Michigan
    Didn't MI pass a law a few years ago that permits husbands and wives to carry guns registered in each others names?

2. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao Red White Blue

Sep 18, 2003
    Southeast Michigan
    Eh, I couldn't find it.

Essentially, I think it was late 2005, the law passed that allowed anyone with a CCW to borrow any handgun. It began as spouses only, but was changed to be more common sensical.

ETA: Here, the important clause being (i), from summer of '06. http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-432

3. Tallbear

Tallbear

Apr 14, 2003
    Lincoln Park
    It wasn't a "few years ago" , but yes, a CPL holder may carry any "legally owned and safety inspected" handgun even if it is someone elses. Doesn't need to be just a "spouse"; can be anyones.

4. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Michigan
    Thanks. I start looking for the answer to gun related questions at the State of M website and it takes forever. They sure don't make it easy.

5. umc

umc "Piece" of Mind CLM

May 11, 2005
    Detroit, Michigan
    I thought they both had to be CPL holders???

6. Tallbear

Tallbear

Apr 14, 2003
    Lincoln Park
  7. mikedb

mikedb

Jan 28, 2004
    brighton michigan
    I agree with that. I work for the state and I cant even find stuff from my own Department. I dont they think about what the average person wants to know.