close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Ranges in FL

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by itsnitro, Sep 3, 2007.

1. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Jun 22, 2006
    LA
    I have a question, Since when do you have to be 21 to shoot a privately owned gun at a shooting range? I just called a shooting range in Port St. Lucie and they said you have to be 21....what crap! I am over 21 but my g/f is only 20. BLAH! my rant is over...

2. xaosflux

xaosflux

Nov 14, 2006
    FL
    No law, private range, private rules.

Bit of a drive from Boca, but try the Sebastian Public Range.

Minimum age their is 10 years old.

3. specialkwpb

specialkwpb Am I Printing?

May 28, 2007
    WPB, FL
    My favorite is Palm Beach Shooting Center off of 10th Ave in Lake Worth, great people there. I go at least once a month, got my CWP and my G26 there, and I don't ever remember them having a prob. when I was underage. There's also the Delray Shooting Center a little closer to your place. BTW- Thanks, that was good reading!

4. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Jun 22, 2006
    LA
    :thumbsup: Thanks but it is a drive! a loooong one!

Thanks for that! That to is where I took my CCW class. I feel it could have been a lot better.. but hey that's neither here or there.

I choose not to visit the ranges in PBC as a lot of other members from what I gather don't either due to their no out side ammo policy.

It's a bit of a rip off to pay 15bucks for one box of 50 rounds of 9mm ammo when at walmart I can spend the same if not less and get more. other then that, not a bad range.

:)

5. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    Yea Im going to start going out of county I dont like shooting their ammo I think it's a ripoff

6. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Jun 22, 2006
    LA

Yupp! I agree.

7. I'm in West Palm Beach and I have driven up to the indian river public range. great for a day off trip. Awesome Range. have everything from pellet gun range,rifle,handgun,archery, and a couple shotgun ranges. Would definately reccomend. It is worth the trip.

8. itsnitro

itsnitro Got Sig?

Jun 22, 2006
    LA

Allowed to use out side ammo?? :) thanks for the report!

9. xaosflux

xaosflux

Nov 14, 2006
    FL
    Your gun, your ammo. No tracers or other exotic types of ammo, but any normal SP/FMJ/JHP is fine.

10. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl