close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun mechanics

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by COWBOYSHOOTER, Aug 27, 2009.

1. COWBOYSHOOTER

COWBOYSHOOTER Oh dear....

Sep 10, 2000
    I run Bartertown
    Ya know....long as I been on GT, you'd think I 'd come in here a lot more often. :dunno: I got a sick S&W 639. Really dont wanna send it back to S&W just to have them return it sayin they aint got the parts. BTDT on another 39. Anyone have any suggestions in Central Ky? I used to get my 'smithin done at Antique & Modern but that was years ago.

2. A couple of choices in Louisville area. On this forum GunDoc and then there
    is a gunsmith(Paul) at Bluegrass Indoor Range and Gary Roman/Mark
    at Firearms. service and Scott at Danny's Gun Repair.
    And myself

CEW

3. The most common problem with the S&W 639 was trigger bar breakage. I can diagnose the problem on that gun but if I can not find a part it may be worth it to retire the gun because the price to make a new part could be prohibitive. But it may be just a broken spring.

4. COWBOYSHOOTER

Sep 10, 2000
    I run Bartertown
    Thanks guys! the gun needs a new decocker. Brownells aint got it. And I dont know if it requires fitting or just a straight install. :crying:

5. Broke in half? I have replaced these with no fitting on the parts I installed. Have fun.

6. COWBOYSHOOTER

Sep 10, 2000
    I run Bartertown
    Its an ambidextrous one. The right side is no longer properly attached. Some bonehead just put a screw in it. And when the screw gets loose, after about a mag....:crying: I'd also like to get some more "custom" stuff done to it. Like milling out a place for a inset on the front sight and a white outline rear blade. LOTS of sharp edges I want gone too. Not cool enough to mill out the front ramp and havent been able to get a new blade or decocker. I could dehorn it myself most likely, but dont have the technology to beadblast it afterwards. (polished stainless gun, gonna look awful covered with scratches from my ametuer dehorning :rofl:)

So...here I is look for a gun mechanic that aint gonna charge me a grand and take 14 months :supergrin: If I can get it to where I want it, its gonna be my carry gun. Its more sleeker then my 5904 and seems more accurate. And a lot less rusty! :rofl:

7. I used to carry a 3913 till I found Glocks. Ambi safety was held with a screw from the factory on that model. They have a small lock washer that keeps them from loosening. Only problem was that they were wide at that point. I am not set up to do that kind of work so try cwshootersupply.

8. COWBOYSHOOTER

Sep 10, 2000
    I run Bartertown

Thanks! I'm waitin to hear back from S&W :dunno:

9. COWBOYSHOOTER

Sep 10, 2000
    I run Bartertown
    S&W said to send it on in. UPS said they wont ship from the local UPS store. Gotta go to Lexington. Or Stanton. :upeyes:

10. burnsoft

burnsoft

Aug 5, 2008
    Kentucky
    Mike's firearms and archery in Frankfort is pretty good. If they are unable to fix it, they usually refer to a guy in bagdad, ky that is pretty good.

11. COWBOYSHOOTER

Sep 10, 2000
    I run Bartertown
    Thanks! Frankfort aint much more inconvenient then a trip to the UPS palce in Lexington. :cool:

12. burnsoft

burnsoft

Aug 5, 2008
    Kentucky
    Well if you are interested in mike's or ever in frankfort, you can check them out at http://mikesgunsandarchery.com/contactus.htm which you can stop buy or call them to see if they can help you out.