close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Lube--be careful what Snake Oil you use.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by cooden, Mar 13, 2012.

1. cooden

cooden

Feb 8, 2010
    USA
    On another forum I am a member of, the person that owns the site also owns a gun shop (if you can call an upstairs bedroom a gun shop). What would you guys think of a gun lube that was developed mixing chemicals in a blender and that has NO PROPER TESTING OR CERTIFICATION to prove it's reliablity or safety on all types of gun finishes & metals/polymers? I got banned for a day because I kept asking for the ASTM & ISO certification of the lube. The owner of the lube/site didn't like me asking technical questions. Here is a link to his product and the thead. I just like to get other gunowners views on this:

http://www.nyfirearms.com/forums/allstar-tactical/25779-product-announcement-beaverlube.html

2. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I've been using Ballistol for years, it's pretty much safe for anything BUT I have heard that some cleaners will eat away and lift the nickel on plated guns. IIRC Hoppe's #9 is bad for that. Main thing is find something that works for you and stick with it.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012

3. Dave.1

Dave.1

Dec 12, 2009
    Colorado
    cooden, thanks for the info.

I used the link and read what you and others had to say. Sounds like you made a very reasoned argument. And, I know many are always looking for the new hot product. You did what you could there but you can't fight the sheep mentality. They'll run to where the others are and bash the ones that don't.

Dave

4. DonD

DonD

Dec 21, 2001
    Central TX
    Why mess with someone's garage recipe when so many quality products are readily available?

$8 an ounce?? They've got to be kidding. Don

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  5. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC
    BeaverLube...complete with "unique fragrance"

:faint:

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
  7. Decguns

Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    NC
    Mobil 1 works just fine for less than $8 qt.

8. TNjoe

TNjoe

Feb 3, 2012
    Gallatin TN
    Has anyone tried Frog Lube? Just wanting to know if it's as good as avertised....

9. GeorgeD

GeorgeD

Dec 2, 2010
    New York
    If his lube is made to the same quality of his parts your gun will probably not last one mag.

I use froglube exclusively in my firearms, it is not a miracle lube. But it does work very well.

George

10. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    OK we have Frog lube,and now Beaver lube.What's next Fish Lube. [​IMG]

11. TX expat

TX expat

Dec 26, 2011
    KC MO
    Lt Frank Drebin: Nice Beaver!
    Jane: Thanks, I just had it stuffed.

12. Brian Lee

Brian Lee Drop those nuts

Jul 28, 2008
    Up a tree.
    When I saw the claim of it being "stable at 750 degrees F" I knew I was reading a bunch of BS.

I knew a guy a long time ago who thought he had a really great invention because he'd mixed some powered graphite with ordinary motor oil, and he wanted to sell me some to put in my car..... I didn't do it.

13. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    Booger-Snot is the lube I use, I don't know why my guns keep locking up:dunno:

14. debbert

debbert

Apr 20, 2011
    North Perry, OH
    After trying many, some of them fads, I finally found a product that I like. I use the M-Pro 7 line of products and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the heads up about this other product, though.

15. .45Super-Man

.45Super-Man

May 4, 2007
    Smallville
    I can just see the add now.........."Beaver lube", its at home in the cleaning kit or the nightstand.

16. cooden

cooden

Feb 8, 2010
    USA
    I am glad I am not crazy. Some members on that website are such sheep--the majority of the members agreed with me, but some members said that I was being so negative.

17. SonnyCrockett

SonnyCrockett

Jul 9, 2010
    Miami
    Militec .....but I got it free and free is for me