close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun light for Glock?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by pknimrod, Mar 16, 2011.

1. pknimrod

pknimrod

Jul 1, 2010
    I am sure this has been posted before but I have been unable to "search' for this topic. I am looking for a light for my Glock 17L (with rail) and was wondering what the best price/performance was out there. Combination light/laser? Separate laser?
    Recommendations or links would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Peter.

2. Mr.Pliskin

Mr.Pliskin

Apr 10, 2009
    TX
    That or you can spend double for a Surefire x300 or x400...I have the streamlight

3. firemedic1343

firemedic1343 Not an Expert!

Feb 6, 2007
    San Diego, California
    I like the TLR-1, I picked up the TLR-1S when it was on sale for $85. I believe the TLR-2 has the laser.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  4. pknimrod

pknimrod

Jul 1, 2010
    Wow, thanks for the prompt response. I guess the TLR-! is the straight light and the TLR-2 has the laser as well? Any recommendations? I am tempted to get the stratight light as the laser (in my experience with a cheaper unit) was not that easy to sight in.
    Peter.

5. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    The Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-2 are good value for your money. If price isn't an issue, Surefire's X300 and X400 are very nice. I have the TLR-2 and the X300. I use the X300 on my G17 all the time, and it is great. Good luck.

6. 9mm+p

9mm+p

Oct 31, 2010
  7. GeorgiaRedfish

GeorgiaRedfish Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Right behind you...
    Anything but the glock light, my buddy hated hit, with it in his safe it would turn on by itself sometimes and it would drain the batteries.

8. In between the Streamlight and Surefire are the Insight Tech M series lights

Light only M3X LED or light laser combo M6X LED.

150+ lumens and waterproof to 66 feet like the Surefire. The Streamlights are waterproof to 1 meter if this is an important issue for you.

The Insights use a latch bar mounting system which I like better than the Streamlight screw clamp. The Surefire X300 uses a latch bar as well. The X400 is a screw clamp.

9. Can't beat the price for a reason, that NCstar light is junk, has he shot his gun with the light attached yet?

10. Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  11. pknimrod

pknimrod

Jul 1, 2010
    9mm I think I have to agree with a previous poster. I bought a similar light from CDNN, combination light and laser. VERY inconsistent results. Laser doesn't work any more and the flashlight comes on when it wants to! That is why I am prepared to spend a bit more and get something that works when I want it to. Not dissing your friends choice, just that mine does not work well.
    Peter.

12. teleblaster

teleblaster

Mar 13, 2011
    Do the TLRs mount and demount quickly and easily enough that you could use the pistol for CC during the day and then slap the light on at night for the nightstand?

13. Brianharless13

Brianharless13

Aug 26, 2009
    Indiana
    Picked up a Streamlight TLR-1 for my father's Glock 22 for Christmas. He loves it.

14. It doesn't slide on from the front like the X300 or Glock light, but rather slips over and around the rail from the side and is secured with a thumb screw (actually a screw driver or coin should be used to tighten a little more past finger tight). I wouldn't call it "quick" but isn't terribly tedious either. The advantage of this mounting method is that it doesn't require the user to cover the muzzle of the gun with his hand to mount or dismount.

15. SARGENT AT ARMS

SARGENT AT ARMS G22gen3 G19gen4

Dec 28, 2010
    Glendale AZ
  16. Yes they do, I have a couple of the TLR-2's and use them on a variety of weapons, Glock pistols, AR, shotgun.

In addition Streamlight has a number of different mounts available. Recently used the laser on the TLR-2 to sight in a new night vision scope on the AR then return to the original scope. Just project the laser onto a distant object and zero the laser to the zero on the scope. Then remove the scope and replace with the next one and zero the scope to the red dot.

I ordered an extra shotugn magazine tube clamp mount to make a mount to use on rifle barrels with a spacer to assist when changing scopes.

17. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA
    For tracking in the dark, nothing makes the blood drops glow like a Coleman lantern.

I have the Glock and the light but I cannot find the proper mount.

Duct tape?

[​IMG]