close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Law

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by superman79, Sep 26, 2007.

1. superman79

superman79

Mar 3, 2006
    Philippines
    WHY CANT US FOREIGN CITIZENS OWN AND CARRY FIREARMS IN THE
    PHILIPPINES WHEN THE US ALLOWS ITS FOREIGN CITIZENS TO OWN AND
    CARRY FIREARMS?? THOUGHT WE WERE ON THE SAME PAGE WHEN IT COMES TO THE PRINCIPLES OF INTERNATIONAL RECIPROCITY.

HOW CAN ANY FOREIGN NATIONAL PROTECT ONE SELF IN THIS CASE?:sad:

2. casmot

casmot Re membered

Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe what you're saying is foreign "residents" and not "citizens". If you're a Filipino citizen you can own a gun and apply for a permit to carry. Gun ownership in the US is a "right" for every individual guaranteed by the US constitution. While in the Philippines, gun ownership is a "privilege" extended only to its citizens.

3. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    Perhaps the best solution is apply for dual citizenship,i know thats what i will do someday,to carry guns in the Philippines legally.Any of our BOGS members have any suggestions.

4. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    Well, if you SHOUT too much they will really think you're crazy and not let you have any guns.

:supergrin:

5. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    Dual citizenship doesn't allow a person of foreign lineage to own a firearm, only natural-born Filipinos are allowed to own and carry firearms. My bud had the same problem, he married a Filipina, but after his lawyer did research, he found that he couldn't own one.

6. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines

Compete in IPSC

7. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    if he does then can he own a gun here???

8. quick

quick what, me worry?

Jan 4, 2006
    philippines
    i posted a similar question on pinoyguns.

would anyone what specific law restricts the ownership of firearms to natural born filipino citizens?

thanks.

9. nrmcolt

nrmcolt What?

Sep 26, 2004
    Raccoon City
    [​IMG]

10. charlie-xray

charlie-xray Gunpowder Adik

Aug 11, 2004
    Pugad Baboy
    Simple Logic

In US it's a RIGHT

In RP it's a Priviledge

Doesn't this explain it enough.

11. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines
    no but he can bring his own

12. superman79

superman79

Mar 3, 2006
    Philippines
    You can become a dual citizen if you reacquire your filipino citizenship (Citizenship Retention and Re-acquisition Act of 2003)(Republic act no. 9225)which means you were a natural born filipino to begin with before you became naturalized in another country. ex:US. Children of the former filipino citizen can also become citizens of the philippines as long as they're under 18 years of age and unmarried at the time of reacquisition of the former filipino citizen. Another way to become dual is at the time of birth one or both parents must be a filipino citizen. (Recognition as filipino) ex: You were born in the US (jus soli-right of soil) and you mother was a filipino citizen at the time of your birth. You can now apply for dual citizenship because you are considered a natural born filipino (jus sanguinis-Right of blood). In your friends case does he have filipino blood? If so was his mother a filipino citizen at the time of his birth? If not then he can only become a permanent resident or apply for naturalization. Being married to a filipina dosent grant you dual citizenship. You can only apply for permanent residence or naturalization if you are married to a filipina and living in the philippines for 5 years. As for being naturalized and owning a firearm?? I have heard too many stories that you can own firearm and that you cant own firearm.. Natural born is a requirement for running in executive branch postions like senator, president,etc...

13. colt4ever

colt4ever

Dec 6, 2006
    Delano, CA

Correct me if im wrong, im living here in the U.S. for the past 2 years, tried to buy an FA from a gunstore and yet they would not allow a "foreign citizen" to purchase one. ( as in my case, a working visa). they only allow "immigrants" to have this certain right ( to own and carry FA in the U.S.). i hope that these guys on the gunstore are wrong...

14. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Pera pera lang yan. (translation: "money talks")

15. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    You are not doing it the right way, in order for you and specifically you to buy a FA you should have a hunting permit. Check CA DOJ and ATF website, they allow non-legal citizen to buy firearms.

http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/0301.pdf
    If the link does not work, go to CA DOJ website and look for information bulletion 2003-01-FD.

http://www.atf.treas.gov/firearms/faq/faq2.htm#r
    If the link does not work, go to ATF and click FIREARM button.
    Look FAQ on the right side and scroll down to NON-IMMIGRANT ALIENS.

Where are you trying to buy from??? You wasted 2 yrs of your time, ang dami mo na sanang collection.

Most FFLs are ignorant of the fact and you have to try to explain to them. Tell them to call DOJ (916-263-4887) and ATF (213-534-2430)so they can set it straight or make copies of the links I sent you. Do not force them if they don't want to sell to you, just tell them you want to set the record straight and they are missing the oppurtunity to make more sale.

Where is Delano BTW? Turner's would sell to non-immigrant if you have the right paper work but some managers opt not to do so. I do believe you are in SoCal, lots of FFL there who knows the law.

ETA - Which gun store did you try to buy?

I mapquest your place, I believe Wes of Ten Percent firearm is near you. He sells to legal non-residents and as long as you have the right paperwork. Do you have proof of 90 day residence?

16. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    He or she could be a member of a gunclub; have the firearm licensed under the gunclub's name and he becomes the user of the firearm. The firearm has to be stored in the gunclub's vault.

There is a foreigner in Bacolod who is married to a Filipina. He put up a security agency so that he could have firearms.:)

17. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    Colt4ever, I know somebody here in NJ who has a working visa and bought handguns and rifles legally.I think its a State to State basis in regards to who they allow to acquire F.A.

18. superman79

superman79

Mar 3, 2006
    Philippines
    I wouldnt want to keep my firearm in the gunclubs vault! You never know what they will do with it.. Maybe they would drop it and not tell you.. haha.:)

19. Allegra

Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Philippines

consult a lawyer , from the number of japanese dudes I see sa range bringing their own guns , they must have come into some loophole :)

20. atmarcella

atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    overwatch....
    summary,

her en pelepen mani tok bolshet wok, ef u hab meni mani....u wel hab meni gans....eben ef u r nat pelepeno cetezen:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: