close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gun Law: Permits

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by NoloContendere, Jan 28, 2008.

1. NoloContendere

NoloContendere OAF Lawyer

Nov 15, 2006
  2. NoloContendere

Nov 15, 2006
    This is by Senator Powell... like the Ammunition bill.

I wonder if enough of us called him and he's trying to make amends now???!!

3. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    Granted I am no longer in MS, but I would have been happy for the MHP substations to have better hours.

Ideally, I would have liked to be able to go to ANY police, or sheriff, station to get the prints done, then mail in the application.

4. NoloContendere

Nov 15, 2006

That's what this new law will do! I know it doesn't help ya much now though.

5. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    I tried to read through the link, but it's the entire CCW stuff. However, last night, I was too tired to read it closely for just the section that is recommended to change.

I went through my 8-hr CCW class for AZ back on the 19th. The instructor did our prints at the class. I mailed it off 7 days ago. I should have my AZ permit by the end of this week. :supergrin: DPS regulations say they will process it within 3 days, then mail you the card. One thing I do NOT miss is the 120 day wait in MS.

6. NoloContendere

Nov 15, 2006

I know man. 120 days is ridiculous.

For the link, additions are underlined, and deletions are struckthrough so you can quickly scroll down to see what's changed. Not much, but better than having to appear for people that aren't local like I am.

7. OXCOPS

OXCOPS

Dec 31, 2000
    AZ
    When I did my initial MS permit, it took 117 days. AZ, while not requiring a permit for open carry, will send you your CCW permit within three days of receipt of the app. :tongueout: