Gun guy cliches I'm tired of hearing...

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by jcrow, Jul 25, 2014.

1. "Aim small, miss small"

"I'm running a (fill in the blank)"

Lol...what are yours?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How tired am I? The Lighter Side Sep 23, 2015
    I Have Retired My "GSSF-1" License Plates GSSF Sep 18, 2015
    Retired Boston PD Detective shot and killed in Haiti... Cop Talk Aug 28, 2015
    Almost 200 Retired Generals, Admirals Tell Congress: Vote Down the Iran Deal Political Issues Aug 26, 2015
    I'm tired of shirts and pants The Okie Corral Aug 11, 2015

3. Oh....loads.

Booger hook
    Bang switch

....and most of all....those who puff out their chest when discussing terminology about accidental/negligent/unintentional discharges. I'm sure the YouTube star said the same crap right before he put one in his leg and called his mom.

#2 ray9898, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. Shoot to kill! wtf is there any reason to shoot to wing him.
  5. RagnarDanneskjold

RagnarDanneskjold Senior Pirate

"Why wasn't he/she/they carrying?! If they hadn't gone out to get the newspaper in their bathrobe and not taken a gun with them, they never would have been mauled by that pitbull. I am always carrying, especially in the shower!"
    #4 RagnarDanneskjold, Jul 25, 2014
  6. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

To each their own. Just frosts my cookie. The whole point of each is to be individual. Their is a plural possessive.

It also irks me when people make posts that are totally unrelated to the thread topic.
  7. "clip"

I'm sure I can think of a few others....
  8. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Yeah.....the "run"....whatever.

As in; "I run a _________ with an Eotech."

And then there's "build", as in "My latest build", like when referring to AR15s. When I re-visited General Glocking and saw people referring to their Glock pistols as "builds", I damn near pooped myself. You aren't "building" a damn thing, and Glocks are beyond very easy to put together.

You can "build" a car, that's complicated and requires a lot of knowledge. A Glock pistol? That basically means you added a bunch of un-necessary after-market crapola, and will soon be starting another thread asking why your pistol malfunctions.
  9. inthefrey

inthefrey Moved on...

Hey! It's snowing!..

10. The classic: "assault rifle"

Edit: sorry, just realized you are looking for gun guy cliches and this is a general public cliche.
    #9 GlockinNJ, Jul 25, 2014
  11. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

"Kit"......... Just Sayin'...... Regular Guy.......:whistling:
  12. "There's no such thing as an accidental discharge"

"I can shoot [tiny small groups] all day with that gun"

"An unchambered gun is a paperweight"
  13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member

High capacity

#12 Glockdude1, Jul 25, 2014
  14. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

"Situational Awareness".

Yes, I know that SA is important, but to hear many of the "tactical teddies" throw the term around, you'd think that they eat, sleep and poop in "Red" status, with one hand on their concealed handgun and the other ready to throw an arm block in an instant.

Some posters I saw even went so far as to criticize the two police officers who were shot recently while eating pizza in a restaurant.

I'm willing to bet that 9 out of 10 of those guys doing the criticizing would be totally oblivious if approached from behind in a typical shopping or dining situation, and would pee themselves if given a surprise wet-willy in the ear to prove the point.
  15. "Open carry would have prevented this..."
  16. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Same guys who would have had a hissyfit if they would have seen officers standing in opposite corners, backs to the wall, hand on their holstered guns and a bit on edge looking for threats.
  17. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

People that claim to shoot 1" groups at 100 yards with iron sight AR15s. Pure bullship. Iron sights aren't fine enough to do it. A front post covers several inches of target at 100 yards.
    #16 M&P15T, Jul 25, 2014
  18. yocan

Umm I've seen 6" at 600m it doesn't matter how well you can see it but how consistently. He was also on the USMC rifle team.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.
  19. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

I only have one clich.
  20. Any cliche about 1911 our 45acp being the only round worth carrying
  21. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

I agree, t. Tell the truth, though - do you find yourself always maneuvering so that you don't sit with your back to the door? :supergrin: