close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

gun goes off by itself . . . no really it did

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by zorkd, Oct 6, 2009.

1. zorkd

zorkd

Sep 2, 2004
    .ph
  2. JEZZZ

JEZZZ

Jun 16, 2005
    Down Under
    What a tragedy... Hard to tell, maybe if we have some armorers here they could enlighten us...

3. paltiq

paltiq

Oct 29, 2005
    jennings 9mm....cheap pot metal 9mm striker fired... pag mali ang pagkaka-assemble ng striker o nabali ang striker...it will fire on its own...

4. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    How is that possible? I'm trying to imagine my Glock 22 striker fired with a broken striker but it doesn't look possible. Do you have a diagram of Jenning firearms?

5. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    My friend's dad's M2 carbine which had a round chambered fired a whole (short) mag inside the dad's closet. All his clothes were damaged. Good thing nobody got hit by ammo. The gunsmith explained to my friend's dad that the sear eventually failed after the hammer was cocked for more than a year.

6. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

Sep 16, 2006
    Philippines
    this i think can't happen to a glock since the striker is always at rest and no tension of any metal and springs, plus the internal plunger safety that blocks the striker to move.

7. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Baka sa Jennings, the firing pin tip broke off and was stuck outside the firing pin hole.