close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Control Advocate: Daughters Have Bullseye Targets in Their Bedrooms

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by glockman66, Aug 4, 2012.

1. glockman66

glockman66
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like Rep. DeGette is torn between trying to be a gun hating dem-lib and trying to get RE-ELECTED next time around. Rep. DeGette, you can't have it both ways! :upeyes::rofl::supergrin:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gun-control-advocate-daughters-have-bullseye-targets-their-bedrooms
    Gun Control Advocate: Daughters Have Bullseye Targets in Their Bedrooms
    By Melanie Hunter
    August 2, 2012

.."Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), a gun control advocate who has been pushing for an assault weapons ban, especially following the Aurora, Colo., shootings, said her daughters have bullseye targets in their bedrooms after taking gun safety courses through the National Rifle Association."..

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

gasoline, quart beer bottles, old socks and a bic.:dunno:

Doc44

3. janice6

janice6
    Expand Collapse
    Platinum Member

They have their "little targets" and "each got a bullseye". Sounds condescending at the very least.

I bet her kids are very proud of their accomplishment. To think that hey shot a gun and it is now over is just stupid.

Gun knowledge has to be an ongoing thing. You have to keep competent and trained to be safe and protected.

4. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

One has to train enough to develop muscle memory so one does not have to think about each movement needed to draw and accurately fire.

Doc44

5. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

"I'm NRA, but I want to impose senseless and pointless gun control."

That platform lacks a certain resonance...

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Odd. My daughter used to hang a few in her room that she was proud of. She went to prom as a Freshman with a senior. When he came to pick her up, I took him to her room and showed him her target from our most recent range outing that she had on her wall. About a 1 inch ragged hole in the middle of the bulls eye, I told him that was her target, and that I shoot better than that, to have a nice night, and if they heard helicopters above their car on the way to and or from the prom, not to worry about it. The young man went to what was reportedly a pretty wild party that night, after dropping off my daughter.

Targets are tools.

7. callihan_44

callihan_44
    Expand Collapse
    INFIDEL

this reminds me of john kerry trying to obtain a hunting license before the election , completely out of his element...

8. Bruce H

Bruce H
    Expand Collapse

Idiots like this need little targets placed on their person by unknown people with a message saying " how safe do you feel now".

9. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Yeah -- this may also not rise to the level of Michael Dukakis sticking his head out of an Abrams tank, but it's headed in that direction.