close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

gun butter

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by guns54, Feb 9, 2011.

1. guns54

guns54 toni

Aug 10, 2008
    Ohio
    Any one think its the best lube for your guns.I was at a gun shop,and he was telling anther guy,it cant be beat.

2. hooterman

hooterman

Dec 22, 2010
    Actually that stuff is not too bad. It will stay where you put it and not evaporate. I use it, lots of it on my AR 15's. It give off a nice aroma when it gets real hot after 7 or 8 30 round mags on full auto.:whistling:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2011

3. Never tried it, but heard some good reviews on it. To say that it's the best..well, you know everybody has their favorite lube, mine is Slip 2000 EWL, I use it all my guns, with the exception of my .22s.

4. frostamp

frostamp

Nov 28, 2010
  5. Melissa5

Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    I've been trying out Militec-1 on the Gen4s. Good stuff. If you email them, they will send you a free sample militec@militec1.com

6. JBP55

JBP55

Mar 4, 2007
    Louisiana
    Gun Butter works but I use Mobil 1 20W50 as my gun lube.

7. awoodpd13

awoodpd13

Aug 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I've tried it, and it's certainly a good product. However, the only area in which I found it actually superior to my old stand-by, BreakFree CLP, was that GB stays in place better.

8. I use it and it works really good. I like it better than Remoil but I'm not prepared to say it is the best ever.

9. Tuco Tom

Tuco Tom

Aug 1, 2005
    Idaho
    I bought an 8 oz. tube of White Lithium Grease from Tacoma Screw, made by Lucas Oil Products. Works well on both the M1 Garand and my Glock.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  10. I already have Royal Purple Gun (etc.) oil as white as white lithium grease. I'll use the RP unless I need to order something from Midway, in which case I'll try this stuff. I do hear only good things about it.

11. teweekley

teweekley

Nov 20, 2009
    I used to use it exclusively on the Glock trigger connectors while lubing the rest of the gun with CLP. Since I've discovered Ballistol, I use it for the entire gun since it stays in place where you put it. I still use GunButter a lot on my reloading press. It's the best lube I've found for that application.

12. Ahmid

Ahmid CLM

Feb 6, 2007
    S.E.Florida
    I have used it for several years. Like it a lot. Don't know if it is the best you can buy.

13. Cineski

Cineski

Jun 18, 2009
    SoCal
    That's funny, the stuff completely evaporated for me. WeaponShield is the best in my experience. A gun can sit for months and I can pick it up and the lube is just fine.

14. ColCol

ColCol

Apr 15, 2010
    TN
    For a pistol you're going to lightly oil and take to the range, about anything will work. Where Gun Butter really shines for me is the long storage. House guns get a light coating on the rails and the locking lugs get the GB grease. It's the only lube I've found that months later it's not evaporated like Break Free CLP, FP-10 and others.

15. EDinFL

EDinFL

Feb 1, 2007
    Kissimmee, FL
    I use lithium high temp wheel bearing grease from walmart on my Glocks ARs and AKs, $3 a tub, stays where you put it, it's cheap and a tub will last a long time.

16. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Please GOD.... not another gun lube thread... somebody close this quick before the zombies come out!!

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: