close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun ammo "hoarders"

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by eccho, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Feb 3, 2009
    Illinois
    I really don't know what to say. I get all the free market, buy/sell, get there earlier and yada yada yada.

This whole thing is f'in annoying. I long for the days when I could go in and buy what I needed for the upcoming weekend.

The story about the dealer sending all his employees in to buy everything so he can up-sell it at a market ticks me off. Understand it's not illegal, just annoys me. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    yup, it's a bunch-o BS for sure. Thank you lib-tards.

3. Khao

Khao

Oct 13, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.

You really don't see what's wrong with what you're doing? It's unethical, and quite honestly something a scumbag would do.

You're not a scumbag are you?

4. N4LP

N4LP

Nov 4, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I've been looking for 9mm online for awhile now. Unless I want $1/round type stuff there's nothing out there. It's crazy. It's gotten to the point where I've set my homepage(s) to the 9mm page of several ammo sites. Eventually I'll time it right...and then I'll buy quite a bit...making me part of the problem. I don't know what else to do though.

5. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    How much time has to elapse from purchase to resale?

Say I buy a limited production firearm years ago with the intent to sell at a higher price today - criminal act?

Say I bought two identical firearms, one to shoot and one to resell at a later date - criminal act.

Say I bought a crate of mosins to cherry pick the ones I want and sell the rest - criminal act?

Say I bought a milsurp collection, not to keep but to resell piecemeal- criminal act?

6. dbarry

dbarry Silver Member

Feb 15, 2010
    the Buckeye state
    speaking of lib-tards... somebody phoned in a death threat of the place I work, gonna be a blood bath, yada, yada, yada... (I wish people would stay on their meds...) and the folks in charge decide to put the no-guns sign on all the doors. YUP. Yes-sir, that will keep em out. What a bunch of maroons...

7. Khao

Khao

Oct 13, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.
    There is a difference between letting something mature in value and artificially jacking up the price (or "flipping" I believe you called it)

8. airmotive

airmotive Tin Kicker

Nov 19, 2007
    Debris Field
    They are ammo speculators.
    You can bet these same people howl REALLY loudly when some 22 year old kids sitting in a room full of computers do the exact same thing with oil futures, forcing the ammo speculators to pay an extra $35 bucks to fill up their F250s.

You shoulda bought a Prius and a fuel storage tank, ya schmuck!
    Goose, meet gander.

Yeah...I'm pretty bitter too. Got the stamp for my new silencer in February. Haven't been able to get my hands on 147gr 9mm.
    Anyone bragging about sitting on 50k rounds of ammo, never ever complain about other people jacking around with prices of commodities you use. Food, fuel, electricity....don't you dare complain.

9. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    The amo scarcity is for one reason and one reason only: too many retailers refuse to raise prices to market levels.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    What's wrong with buying and flipping? People do it all the time with things other than firearms and associated accessories? Please explain.

What's unethical with buying and flipping? People do it all the time with things other than firearms and associated accessories? Please explain.

So you resort to the name calling? Nice.

Apparently, you think people who buy and flip are scumbags.

Please explain how buying and selling ammo is any different than buying and flipping any other commodity. Please.

11. Khao

Khao

Oct 13, 2010
    Pacific Northwest.

People do it all the time people do it all the time people do it all the time.....

Doesn't make it right.

12. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    No there isn't

The ammo flippers are doing a good thing.

Where'd all these GT communists come from?

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    What's wrong is demanding someone sell you a box of ammo below the market price. Talk about greed and a sense of entitlement.

14. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    How am I jacking up __X's__ prices in an auction?

How am I jacking up __X's__ prices when if seller agrees to pay my price? At any time the buyer can walk.

I'm not talking about anything firearm related.

15. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    CT :dunno::dunno::dunno:???:wavey:

I KEEN i keen j/k

16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    It isn't unethical. In fact it's good.

17. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    So if I buy a car, house, or whatever under market value, then flip it at the current market value is wrong?

If you have any gold or sliver, I demand the you sell it at the original price you paid, not the current market value. To do otherwise is unethical and wrong. It sounds silly when I put it that way, right?

Please try to explain why flipping is wrong and unethical as you did a poor job.

18. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    No. There is no difference.

Lemme guess. Public schools?

19. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Sep 12, 2006
    I know what the poster stated. How long is he required to wait to sell it? How many can he sell before he is required to have the dealer license? ATF defines a dealer as "...(A) any person engaged in the business of selling firearms at wholesale or retail, (B) any person engaged in the business of repairing firearms or of making or fitting special barrels, stocks, or trigger mechanisms to firearms, or (C) any person who is a pawnbroker. The term "licensed dealer" means any dealer who is licensed under the provisions of this chapter."

As far as whether he is engaged in the business of dealing in firearms- "...(C) as applied to a dealer in firearms, as defined in section 921(a)(11)(A), a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who
    makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms;...

Listen, I am not a lawyer or a BATF agent. To the best of my understanding, he isn't required to keep a book of sales. I think he is putting himself at risk but without knowing how discriminating he is being with his sales, I can't be 100% sure. If I was buying 6 or 7 ARs a month, with the intent to sell them, I would sell them to a dealer or put them on consignment and make sure the new purchaser completed the paperwork to make sure I didn't unknowingly arm a prohibited person.

20. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    I demand you sell your 308 to md for 25 cents each