close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Guide Rod laser ?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by cfrye11, Dec 3, 2012.

1. cfrye11

cfrye11

Nov 19, 2012
  2. Aeromat809

Aeromat809

Oct 29, 2012
    Had one for my Sig 239 40 and the laser was distorted and did not hold a candle to my Crimson trace laser! It was also finicky in how the guide rod had to be positioned in the slide ! I returned for refund with out a hitch. Not affiliated with any laser supplier. Just the truth!

3. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    I think it's stupid. If you want a laser that bad get a tlr-4 or whatever model is light/laser

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. d123gaw

d123gaw

Aug 28, 2012
    Not in KY anymore
    I love my Lasermax guide rod.
    It's within the 2" at 20yard guarantee (even though I'm not always that good).
    The spring seems a little stiffer than factory but it's been reliable so far. I've prolly got 200 or so rounds with it.
    It was easy to install if you know how to take down your gun and if you follow directions.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. TheBigCroaker

TheBigCroaker

Oct 15, 2010
    Had one in my G-27 (Gen 3) for several years; put maybe 400-500 rounds thru it. No problems, no complaints. Except, one of my holsters was a bit snug and occasionally when drawing the gun would activate the laser.
    Good product. I wold buy it again.

6. aaronmj

aaronmj

Dec 22, 2010
    Argyle, NY
    I've got one in my G27. I bought the gun used with it already in it. I have put at least 800 rounds through it without any issues. I like it!

7. I used one for several years in my G30 carry gun. Always worked, laser was co-witnessed with 'iron sights' at nominal SD distances, and it doesn't add anything to girth (or otherwise) which may make using stock holsters impossible.

LaserMax also offers good customer service and parts (like the RSA or slide lock for instance) are always available - even for their older original models.

8. cfrye11

cfrye11

Nov 19, 2012
    your right $350 is a bit much. but i think you need to figure in the cost of a new holster. My current holster is $160 so if I had to add that to a different laser set up the $350 might not seem so bad.

9. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I have a Lasermax in my G30. Not a fan. Crimson Trace rules the laser world. Hands down.

10. GO AZ

GO AZ

Nov 29, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    the guy at my local glockmiester told me they used to carry them and they were crap. broke all the time, and people were pissed and returned them. they got rid of them. the side mounted laser's seem to be the way to go. crimson trace and such. less expensive too.

11. Dman78

Dman78

Oct 12, 2012
    I've got one on my 23. I specifically got it because I wouldn't need any custom holsters. I like it and haven't had any issues. I'm now switching to a 27 for EDC and won't be holstering the 23 much so I'm looking to trade it for a tactical light/laser, in case anyone in this thread is looking for one.

Otherwise, I like it and seems to be pretty dead on, can't say the same for my aim. :)

Dan

12. cfrye11

cfrye11

Nov 19, 2012
    EDC ? enforcement duty carry? sorry new to all the abbreviations

13. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    :yawn:

14. M 7

M 7

May 22, 2012
    I used to have one.

Now I don't.

The danged thing was too temperamental (shooting would cause it to turn off at unpredictable times) and I ended up with a rail mounted laser/light combo that has been doing quite well.