Guess "Mil Spec" is a moot point now..

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by vettely, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Is that the best you can come up with? Really? All that time trolling and that is the best you can do? Sorry but I don't need night vision. I'm glad you equate lasers with night vision. So your recommendation is that I add a bunch of stuff I don't need and make a well balanced gun front heavy for no good reason? What an uber cool tactical mall ninja you must be. :upeyes:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356145535.332201.jpg

This thread has gone full retard.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

True operators don't operate without lasers and NVGs.

You said that the gun is your "duty" gun. Pray tell, which "duty" is that? Must not be "serious" duty or otherwise it would have been a serious gun made by serious gun makers and equipped with serious accessories.

4. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Ditto.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

5. Police work. I have no need to be a "true operator". Please keep on with your words of wisdom though. I honestly feel you are getting dumber with each new post. :rofl:

6. Whenever you are in N. Dallas.

7. Gunny Lingus

Gunny Lingus Think it moved

I don't mean to jump into the many pissing contests currently running, but is it me, or does the person posting as 'Leper' remind anyone else of the phrase "your mama's basement"?

Pretending to be a LEO? I don't believe it. No offense, but this just reads like some teenager posting from his mama's basement.

8. I tell you what, I can prove I'm an leo and I'm willing to put money on it. After I'll have to start a new account later on and I'll do it with a mod you pick that you trust verifying my credentials and identity but not revealing it to you. Who is willing to be some money? Or are you all the chicken's that we all know you are including you Gunny Lingus? I mean even if it's only a hundred bucks what is the big deal? All of you with your uber cool expensive hardware can afford it right?

Mods I have my settings where I can be contacted by email. I can provide my telephone number, photocopy of my driver's license, and contact information for the department admin I work for so you can verify I am a currently employed law enforcement officer.

So Gunny, will you provide some betting money and agree that the mod running this will publicly let people know if you welch on the bet? It's Christmas time so I could use a little extra money. :wavey:

edit: Just sent Gunny Lingus a PM so he won't miss this. Nothing ever changes here though. This isn't the first time I've seen the forum idiots call troll when all else failed them.

#68 Leper, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  9. Gunny Lingus

Gunny Lingus Think it moved

My goodness, if anything ever proved he is posting from his mothers basement, that is it.

Leper, I don't even open PM's from someone like yourself. Go away please. Isn't it passed your bedtime? Or does your mommy let you stay up late on weekends?

10. You really are a coward aren't you? It's a shame. What am I supposed to say at this point? You are so sure you'd turn down an easy $100 or more? I'll deposit the funds in a paypal account and give a moderator or admin access to the same privately so they can confirm the funds are available. Or I'll simply deposit it in theirs. Actually we both can and then they simply give the funds to whoever wins the bet. Does that sound better? I'm game chicken boy. :tongueout:

11. Rooster I can cover another hundred from you. :)

12. I really need a LIKE button here.

13. It appears some people know and others make stupid assumptions. :wavey:

#74 WinterWizard, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  14. Damn. Go a way for awhile and what the hell?

#75 vettely, Dec 22, 2012
  15. Damn it all, I thougt one machine was enough.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Yes retired 2 years ago. Mil spec appeals to many but its as much as a limiting factor as a plus. Good advertising though.

17. It doesn't matter buy whatever comes your way and you can obtain.

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Seems like Colts, from a least a certain period, are most often the ones mentioned in the fine print, with "this part fits all mil spec - but not Colt...."

I haven't kept up on AR developments for some time, but I seem to recall special pins and parts made to adapt mil=spec to work with Colts.

#79 Bren, Dec 22, 2012
  19. Mil-Spec is right up there with "tactical" in terms of real-worl usefulness.

My good friend carried a "tactical knife" in Viet Nam (2 tours); a Buck 110 Folding Hunter duct-taped to his combat suspenders!

In the 1980's my USMC-issue combat boots were "Mil-Spec" and the worst quality I've ever seen. I'd go through no less than 3-4 pair annually.

That is why almost EVERYTHING in military service (small arms excluded, of course) had/has an alternative that may be approved by commanders on a batallion (or even lower) level.

It's a good feeling to know a grunt can chuck his cheap-o issue gear for better quality equipment (out of his own pocket, usually) that is still considered "approved & authorized."

Mil-Spec may be of the highest quality or it may be the lowest bidder. Always has been and always will be.