close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Guard issues.

Discussion in 'US Army Forum' started by AK_Stick, Aug 1, 2008.

1. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    Hey, can anyone tell me the required number of muta's for a year in the guard?

The issue, is I've already done my AT, and I've done every drill I was supposed to, but now my unit wants to do another AT this month, and another in Oct, for the new fiscal year..... Plus we're doing a drill this month after AT, and two next month.... Something sounds fishy, I didn't think they could require you to be at two AT's in one fiscal year. If I do this AT, I'll have taken off over 3 months from work (2 1/2 month deployment to AZ for OP Jump Start) plus done drills every month except March and April.....

2. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    The number I always heard was 48 MUTAs per year, plus Annual Training (15-30 days). I've never seen the regs though.

Are you going to be MOB'd in the next year or so?

3. Biscuitsjam

Biscuitsjam

Jan 10, 2004
    AR 135-91

9 unexcused absences in a year means you are screwed.

Each missed MUTA counts as an unexcused absence.

You can only get a maximum of 4 unexcused absences in a drill weekend, even if it's a MUTA 5 or MUTA 6.

I'm sure there is more in there too, but that's what I got from a quick scan.

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r135_91.pdf

4. AK_Stick

AK_Stick AAAMAD

Jan 20, 2004
    Alaska, again (for now)
    Yes, we're deploying in Dec. Or possibly earlier.