close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guaranteed Powerball Win Strategy.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Angry Fist, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

2. *ASH*

*ASH* in hell everyone loves popcorn

someone would lose the ticket

3. Angry Fist

They'd run with the money. Hundreds of them will, and then 8 people would win the jackpot anyways.

4. TK-421

TK-421

The nice part is that 50% of what you'd spend on all those tickets would go into the jackpot fund, thereby increasing the overall winnings even more.

5. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Oh fudge. I forgot to buy a ticket. Consider me a few dollars richer. I WON!

6. Angry Fist

2 tickeys this time. I'll buy everyone on GT a beer if I win.

7. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

Lottery is a tax for people who don't know mathematics. Having said that, I did buy a ticket, so wish me luck. :wavey:

8. Naelbis

Naelbis

I bought a ticket for the lulz...

9. MtBaldy

MtBaldy Obie Wan, RIP

I know mathematics. I consider it a temporary license to fantasize about being wealthy. And near zero chance of winning is not the same as zero chance of winning.

10. TK-421

TK-421

Exactly. That's why people play the lotto, because for that split second, they've won the lottery, and they dream about what they'd do with the money if they won.

Granted, there are the other kinds of people who play it excessively. I used to work at a gas station, and it wasn't uncommon for people to spend $100+ on the lotto, even when it wasn't big. I had customers who always played the exact same numbers every single week. Some played them for so long that their number sheets were starting to fall apart.

And then there were the scratch-off people. Had a guy who would routinely by a $50, along with about $100 worth of other tickets, almost every time he walked in the store. Some people just spend crazy amounts of money on the lotto.

11. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

12. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

2 people are happy tonight...One in Arizona...one in Missouri...I felt good for a split second myself...

13. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Now I need to find out if I have any distant relatives or friends in Arizona or Missouri.

14. JimmyN

JimmyN

15. ArtificialGrape

ArtificialGrape CLM

I've said before, even when it would have been a money losing proposition that it would be a great way for Bill Gates to really clinch the World's Most Hated Man title.

Could you imagine waking up to the headline Bill Gates Wins Powerball. :cool:

-ArtificialGrape

16. JW1178

JW1178

It is a proven fact that those who spend the most on lottery tickets have the least to spend on lottery tickets. It kills me when I go into a gas station and see the poorest walks of life buying tons of lottery tickets. It's one thing that turned me against the welfare system when I worked at a gas station a long time ago. They would buy what they needed with the food stamps, but always had money for beer, cigs, and of course lottery tickets.

The Lottery sells this too. They have those little mini-jackpots that they know that 90+% of the time, those people will just buy more lottery tickets. They know that most of their "customers" know knee-jerk math, where if they got two of the five, well, then if they just play twice a much, or three times as much, they will get all five. The reality is your chance of getting all five is so many times greater than just getting two.

I want to see evidence of one person who has used this method or any of these methods who actually won. Fact is most winners it was just quick pick done by the machine.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  17. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

IMHO it's cheap entertainment. I spend less than $10/week buying single tickets for several different lotteries. I'd be more than happy to win even a few thousand dollars.
    If I smoked and drank I could easily blow hundreds or thousands of dollars in a single spree. Lottery ticket = hope for a better future mostly for my kids, cheap entertainment, part of the money is used for colleges and, at least in TX, veterans benefits.

Sure, maybe those who can least afford it spend money on the lottery, but it gives them hope (lots cheaper than anti depressants!), and is better than spending it on drugs (all inclusive, tobacco, alcohol, pot, and all the other "recreational drugs").

18. devildog2067

devildog2067

There have been investment funds that did this (not with Powerball, with smaller state lotteries). Eventually the state figures it out and changes the rules somehow.

19. devildog2067

devildog2067

$10/week doesn't seem very "cheap" to me...

I've bought $5 worth of Powerball tickets maybe 3 times in my life, when it gets to be a big number and makes the news (was going to yesterday but forgot). To me, as soon as it becomes regular it's no longer cheap. (Just the way I feel about it)

20. Z71bill

Z71bill

Buy lotto tickets -

If they are not winning tickets - give them as gifts to "loser" relatives you don't like.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012