close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GT Member: Please Rent Me A Sight Pusher!

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Leigh, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Not worth my $$$ to purchase one as only own 2 Glocks.
    I'll happily pay shipping/user fee for yours...thanks!
    PM me or email me at leigh.taylor@ky.gov if you can help a fellow out. Thanks!

2. OhioGlock90

OhioGlock90

3. failsafe

failsafe

A tool used to "push" the rear sight for adjustment...Some just use a wooden dowel and a slight tap from a hammer..

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. tonyparson

tonyparson

I did this one time and never got my sight tool.

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I'll rent it to you for $110.

6. SJ 40

SJ 40

I use these http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...es/nylon-front-sight-drift-punch-prod513.aspx
    while they are listed as front sight drifts,they are 5/16" and are also suitable for rear sights.
    I have used these on many Glocks and countless other sights on handguns and rifles,using the Dawson method .
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4maCQhEIjoA&list=UUEhL2vCXNSSfJwQ_oIh4-0g&index=8"]Installing Glock Sights with Dave Dawson - YouTube[/ame] SJ 40

7. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

8. smokin762

smokin762

Go to a Gun Show and see if they have a Glock Armorer there that can install them for you. Last month, I bought a set of OEM Glock Night Sights from one and he installed them free of charge for me. The OEM sights look just like the Mepro Night Sights I have on the rest of my Glocks.

9. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

I resemble that "some" as mentioned above.:wavey:

10. M 7

M 7

11. LampShadeActual

LampShadeActual

Leigh,

Take your two Glocks. Shoot them at 25 yards. See how many inches left or right you want the sight corrected for. 10 shot groups and figure the center rested or some good way to shoot.

Take a 0.5mm mechanical lead pencil and make a mark on both sides of the rear sight with the pencil about verticle. One lead pencil width is about 3" at 25 yards. If you need 3", one width. If you need 6", two widths.

Knowing this info, mark the guns and take them any where there is a Glock armorer or decent retailer. Have them move the sight to cover one or two pencil widths which you have previously marked. Nearly fool proof.

There are some tricks to using them. They come useable for both size of Glock slides. You can break them on Trijicon sights. They will work with Glock plastic or Glock steel. People may be reluctant to loan them, but would be happy to do it for you.

LSA

12. MannyA

MannyA

I use a wood dowl and a brass punch

13. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

LMAO :rofl:

14. Dave.1

Dave.1

I used to own a MGW pusher, it may still be around but I loaned it out and it's been passed around locally. No one knows where it is right now but I'm hoping it will turn up.

I bought this from Brownells. Basic Nylon/Brass punch
    #080-475-000 6.99 comes with a brass and nylon head.
    http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...et-sku080475000-512-2133.aspx?sku=080-475-000

What you want to do is file down the brass tip so it's flat half way down. That gives it plenty of body to tap the base of the sight and gives you more contact area. Works very well and I've used it on everything from Glock to S&W.
    [​IMG]

Dave

15. ak103k

ak103k

See, another person who "doesnt need" a sight tool, until they actually use one, and see how good they are, and then decided to keep yours. :rofl:

The sight tools are really the way to go. They allow for easy installation of sights, as well as more precise adjustment after installation. Theres also little worry of damaging the vials in night sights during installation.

I had a MGW pusher for my SIG's, and two sets of the "old" night sights I removed, I sold on EBay for for about half what each set cost new, and basically paid for the tool. I sold that pusher and use those funds to buy another for my Glocks.

16. Leigh

Leigh

I'll rephrase it, then.

How much will you charge me to swap out the rear sight on my slide (no dings, please) ?
    I have a front sight tool, I just need a new trijicon rear put on.

As for having poor luck with folks renting stuff, I can understand that. However, I have been dealing with GT members here for almost 13 years with ZERO negative transactions.

In that time, I have offered GT group discounts and sold (then a FFL dealer) over 40 HS2000's for $269 each (now overpriced and renamed the Springfield Armory XD), scores of BK&T knives for 5 bucks over wholesale, 25-30 sets of night sights (again, greatly discounted), and a dozen other products.

If any 'old timers' recall, please feel free to chime in regarding my business practices.

So unlike some, my integrity speaks for itself. Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  17. LampShadeActual

LampShadeActual

Leigh,

The Trijicon rear sights are horribly tight in most cases. They wreck sight pushers left and right.

There are two kinds of Glock factory pushers. Up until Katrina, they were made in New Orleans domestically and are the great big heavy strong ones that can handle Trijicon sights.

After Katrina, Glock came out with a new smaller lighter one that often bends to hell with Trijicon sights. This is the little one with the two plastic / --- \ flippers added to the arm on the left and right.

The least that usually happens is that the plastic flippers are broken off.

The post Katrina pusher will do Glock Steel sights OK and do Glock plastic sights OK. That is what it was designed for.

As I said, shoot your guns, mark them as I indicated, and take them somewhere. If your ky.gov address is a good one, the KY State Police will probably do it for you at a larger post. They use 35 and 27s. The 27's need sighted in.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  18. Leigh

Leigh

State employee...just not KSP.
    Thank you for the tip, LampShadeActual.

19. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

There is another option and that is to send the slides to someone and they will install them for you. should cost $11 for shipping.

Finding someone to loan it out to someone that is not local might be difficult.

20. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

I'm in Boyle Co, I have one if you ever get over this direction.