close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GSSF wait time

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by bam1131, Apr 25, 2012.

1. bam1131

bam1131

Apr 14, 2012
    Louisiana
    It appears that the GSSF is taking between 3-4 weeks from the day your card is charged to get your new member packet to you. I spoke to multiple people at my LGS who is a Leo/gssf dealer. So I guess all of us impatient New Gssf members need to do like the military and "Hurry up and wait."

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I think you get 1st Prize for being most impatient. Relax, read a book.:upeyes:

3. ...and we'll have to have you speak with Mike G35 if you keep starting multiple threads about the same basic subject. He's our enforcer! :supergrin:

4. bam1131

bam1131

Apr 14, 2012
    Louisiana
    just thought I'd let the other people know who are waiting that's all.

5. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA

Exactly the reason for my post above. This "update" could have easily gone into either of his already existing threads.

Hint to the OP.... chill?

6. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    It will be interesting to see what happens when his hat doesn't show up for 8 months! :wow::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Scott

7. :) You don't want to fool with Big-Mike G35! Where is Mike anyway?

8. DannyR

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Mike has been busy honing his USPSA skills. He may show up at Dayton, OH.

9. 13BRV3

13BRV3 Formerly RV-8

Oct 23, 2004
    Tellico Plains, TN
    Greetings,

How long should I be patient? It's been just over 6 weeks since my CC was charged for the membership, and I haven't got a package yet. Since it was a lifetime membership, maybe they figure they've got plenty of time :supergrin:

I know I'm in the system, since my enrollment for one of the armorer classes was approved, but it would be nice to have the card, or at least a membership number in case they ask to see it at the class. Of course the class is in Smyrna, so maybe they're just saving the postage and plan to hand me the package when I arrive.

Cheers,
    Rusty

10. bam1131

bam1131

Apr 14, 2012
    Louisiana
    I spoke with on of the gssf employees at the match yesterday. She was saying they were busy but it should be in by 3-4 weeks at most. Maybe you should shoot them an email if it has been over 6 weeks. They are a very small group at gssf and they are pretty busy traveling to matches and getting apps processed. I'd give it to the end of the week and if you haven't received it or gotten an email back, I'd call them.

11. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    Now where did I see this before? :dunno::supergrin:

Scott

12. 13BRV3

13BRV3 Formerly RV-8

Oct 23, 2004
    Tellico Plains, TN
    I just checked my notes again, and it's actually been over 7 weeks. I guess I've been too busy to be impatient :supergrin:

I just dropped them an email, so I'm sure they'll look into it. I just hope my coveted discount gun coupon isn't lost in the mail :crying:

Cheers,
    Rusty

13. bam1131

bam1131

Apr 14, 2012
    Louisiana
    just trying to help someone out..seven weeks is a long time, but there probably is a reason. They are really nice at Gssf and I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you resolve the problem. They need to head back to Georgia from the matches this weekend so give them some time... I've learned patience from this lol

14. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Jan 26, 2012
    Kettering, OH
    hmmm... At least he's a learnin' :supergrin:

15. When you get out in the field, and meet and talk with the fine folks of GSSF, your perspective changes. :whistling:

16. DannyR

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    This was a double match weekend for the GSSF staff. One team in Thibodaux and one team in Reevesville. Last weekend one team was in Morganton, NC and this coming weekend is another double match weekend. No rest for the weary, at least not until Memorial Day weekend.

17. bandook

bandook

Apr 3, 2010
    Received package today. 2 weeks. I sent the app via email on the Friday 2 weeks ago.

18. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair
    Not everyone likes the new guy smell:tongueout:

Also, you don't need all of that stuff until you come to MObile in October ('cause I KNOW you are coming over).

Last edited: May 12, 2012