close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gssf Quesions, G36 Ok?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mrproach, Nov 14, 2006.

1. mrproach

mrproach

I've looked throught the GSSF web site and couldn't find a listing of types of GLocks and catagories. I've seen it before, just can't remember where.
    I have a G36 and want to start going to competitions, I can't afford to shell out the dough for a 17L.
    Could someone tell me my options in competing with a G36, or provide a link for more information? I would also ask for some advice on a selecting a target Glock, target use only, 34, 19 ??

Thanks!!

2. James5m

James5m

I think that the only entry is in Amature & Master Major sub. But there alot more well enformed members here than me.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Jim
    You are correct! The G36 is only allowed in the Amature-Master Major sub. The G36 only holds 7 rounds of ammo so it cannot complete fairly in the other classes that need 10 rounds. I would suggest a G17 or the G19(which ever fits your hand the best) for shooting in GSSF. The G34 is only allowed in Competition and Unlimited Master and these classes have less pay out of prizes.

Dan :cool:

4. mrproach

mrproach

So for general competition purposes a G17 would allow for more entries than a .45? I'm new to GSSF and want to experience as much as I can in competition,, I'd hate to be restricted in catagories. I got a price on a used gen 1 17L @ $575, If I'm going to spend the money for a new target pistol, would a G17 carry me through competition fairly well? This would have to last me 2 years, I figure by then I'll know all I want to about competition and have a better idea on upgrades.
    Thanks for the help!

5. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

mrproach;

If you will log onto www.gssfonline.com and click on the fill-in match registration form there is a list of all guns that are allowed in each category. This should answer all your questions about this.:thumbsup:

6. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

mrproach
    If you are a member of GSSF, there is a special pricing on NEW Glocks on the GSSFONLINE websight and it beats the price you are looking at paying for a used G17! A new G17 from Glock is $398.20 plus tax and $10.00 shipping! Membership is $35.00 for the first year.

Dan:cool:

7. Houngan

Houngan

Also, a 17L is restricted to competition division or Major Unlimited.

What you need is a regular frame, regular capacity 9mm. Whether that's a 17 or 19, or if you are a good shooter moving up to the 22 in .40, those are the guns that will get you into every category except AM/MajSUB.

H.

8. Houngan

Houngan

Also, a 17L is restricted to competition division or Major Unlimited.

What you need is a regular frame, regular capacity 9mm. Whether that's a 17 or 19, or if you are a good shooter moving up to the 22 in .40, those are the guns that will get you into every category except AM/MajSUB.

H.

p.s. You want the Glock Report, 1st issue of 2005. It has all of the classes and pistols listed, on the website.

9. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

It's not the .45 caliber that restricts you , it's the model 36 round capacity. A G30 and G21 both will hold 10 rounds plus one in the chamber, the 36 will not, so it is restricted to the only category that requires a max of 7 rounds.

10. Stephen Hansel

Stephen Hansel

If I were you I would get the 17,it can be used in gssf competitions,there is no need for the longer barreled GLOCKS.I own 20 plus GLOCKS and have tried all in comps and have found the 17 performs as well as any others plus you will never wear it out.GLOCK34er

11. ede

ede Bama's Friend

the model type and the class they're legal in is on the registration form. you'd be able to shoot every class with a G29, G30, or G39 (with 37 mags) you could shoot 4 classes with any of the 9mm, 10mm, .40s, .357s, or 45s as long as they not C models or long slides.

12. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

A 17 or 19 cannot be used in Subcompact either since they are not subcompacts. There you will need a 26, 27, 29, 30, 33, or 39.