close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GSSF Purchase -- decontented LE Kit?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by WheelGunFan, Jul 28, 2012.

1. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    I found a LGS that does honor GSSF purchases.

As I was talking to the LGS, he started to remove items from the LE kit (his term).

For example, the LE kit has 3 mags, he said I only get 2 and I can pay normal price for the 3rd. There was a cleaning kit, he removed that as well. There was some other misc stuff I could care less about and then the LE Kit did not have a gun lock which he said he would get for me which is required in CT.

I ended up not purchasing it today because I wanted to ask if this makes sense. I can understand if it does, I just want to make sure he was not taking content out for no reason.

2. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Almost Done

Sep 12, 2006
    Rocking Chair

3. glock_19guy1983

glock_19guy1983

Sep 8, 2002
    dixie
    I would ask the man if he wants to lose a gun sale over a magazine and a few accessories and go from there. Be ready to walk out the door if he says yes.

4. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    How many other options are around you? I wouldn't buy from someone that is removing items so he can sell them and make more.

5. No such thing as an LE Kit. Sounds like a grossly dishonest dealer. All Glocks I've ever seen come with locks. All Gen4s come with 3 mags, All Blue Label Gen3 (except subcompacts) come with 3 mags. The "cleaning kit" is a plastic rod and a nylon brush and comes with all Glocks.

Use your own discretion - but I would run, not walk away, and then report them to Glock Inc.

ETA: You said 'honors' GSSF purchases. Doesn't seem like honor is in that LGS's business model anywhere.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  6. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Zero, he is the only one in the state. I would have to purchase some place online

7. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Yeah, I felt it was wrong which is why I walked away....now I know. Thanks!

8. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Safe to say, he has already lost the sale!

9. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Thanks for all the replies, glad I asked!

Any recommendation for an online source?

10. This is why the LGS will disappear and we will be left with only ffl to process our paper work. Now is the time for them to increase there service to there customers,I mean to take the brush and rod out of the kit puts no money in the LGS pocket it serves no purpose except to intentionally screw the end user of the product, that was a resentful sales person, I mean how petty can you get to remove the brush. He is probably the same guy telling customers how if they are not purchasing a 45 caliber 1911 they are putting there family in jeopardy

Again sorry for your troubles I wish there was an easier way for Glock to administer this program

11. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Ed's does not ship new Glocks to Connecticut.

12. bustedknee

bustedknee Curmudgeon

Aug 1, 2001
    Wythe County, VA

And after his business fails he will blame Walmart for undercutting his prices and people like you for not supporting him.

13. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

Dec 5, 2007
    Mount Eden, KY
    Make sure you call the GSSF and let them know about this.

LGS could loose thier ability to sell new Glocks if this is against the rules. - Which I do believe it is.

My GSSF purchase came with all its parts, and it was a blue label gun. Edit: This was Jan of 2012

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  14. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    Sucks for me!

15. WheelGunFan

WheelGunFan

Jul 18, 2012
    Connecticut
    I plan on speaking with the owner of the LGS first, then I will call GSSF and hopefully I can speak to a regional sales manager worst case.

16. RustyFN

RustyFN

Sep 29, 2006
    West Virginia
    He sounds like a crook to me. When I got mine I got everything that came in the kit.

17. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    Sounds like he is taking sales tips from those NY camera sellers that discount but strip the box of all accessories and then charge you extra for them. :steamed:

Scott

18. Njanear

Njanear Nagant-ophile

Jul 20, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    If he had only taken the 1 mag out, I would almost say that was because he was thinking about the old GSSF program (when they only gave you 2 mags per the agreement) BUT when you said he started taking the cleaning rod and brush out, that leads me to believe that (a) he was using some version of the old program and got confused, or (b) he is a swindler that needs to be avoided at all cost. Just my thoughts... :dunno:

19. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    If he's the only dealer in CT, it's no loss to you to take your business elsewhere. It might be a temporary inconvenience, but in the long run you're better off. I hear great things about GSSF and suspect they'll help you a lot.