close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GSSF Pistol Sales

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Gotta be a joke. Any ol' Glock comes with two.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  2. ave8er- if you're not joking, please be sure to go to njl's stage and not mine. :supergrin:

3. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    Just make sure you're there Saturday. And keep looking for me until you find me.

:)

4. Yeah... but they are all those non-functioning 10-rounders! You don't have to worry about shooting; you have to worry about jamming and feeding. :tongueout:

5. cmzneb

cmzneb

Jun 3, 2003
    Nebraska
    I wish the Glock National Sales Manager would revisit the Nebraska territory.........

GT Distributors (of Texas), is the Nebraska LE distributor, and they are not even worth talking to. I sure miss OMB guns.

6. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!
    Naa, my .40 and .45 mags work perfectly. And I have 6 shiny new followers to swap out for the funky 2183 followers. Now I just need to figure out which of the 60 9mm mags to put them in! :faint:

Scott

7. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA

Yeah..... with not seeing a smiley emoticon or anything, have to assume you're being serious.

I would consider that rude of you to show up with just one mag. That's a lot of waiting, having to reload after every string of fire.

8. ave8er

ave8er

Sep 19, 2010
    I would love to buy some more, that was my plan. I bought the gun used, it is a Gen 1 and it only came with one 10 round mag. I am hoping I can borrow some because I know this will be a bit of a pain... on a positive note, it shoots pretty good :)

[​IMG]

9. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
  10. ave8er

ave8er

Sep 19, 2010

I bought this gun just to shoot this match... I really thought I would be able to find some mags without paying as much for them as I did the gun! But then Sandy Hook happened....

I have 2 mags, 1 is the 10 round 9mm and one is a .40 mag that I had when I had a Glock 35

I registered and paid for this match before I even bought the gun... when I bought the gun and it only came with one mag I didn't think it was a big deal... I never dreamed people would buy up every Glock mag on the planet that was not priced like it was made of gold...

:crying:

11. ave8er

ave8er

Sep 19, 2010
    really I was told that no rail and 1 pin meant it was gen 1... I really don't know. I checked the serial number on here and it was made in 1991

12. OMF64

OMF64

Nov 8, 2005
    Left Coast
    I just cannot imagine anyone showing up to shoot a match with only 1 mag. I looked at the GSSF website and saw where this match had 487 entries. With this many entries someone with only 1 mag would unnessarily cause long delays and some VERY unhappy competitors. GSSF is usually a friendly venue but showing up with 1 mag is rediculas.:steamed::steamed::steamed:

Cisco

13. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    you may be able to trade the 40 mag for a 9mm and cut your cost slightly

14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    Gen1 production ceased in 1988. You may be able to buy mags at the match. Stocks are low due to panic driven purchasing.

15. PM720

PM720

Apr 2, 2011
    Vegas Baby!

Looks like they might have some 10 rounders here-

http://www.******tactical.com/gl179mm10ma.html

Pricing is pretty reasonable too and no tax and free shipping.

Scott

16. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    Wow...so you are serious about the 1 mag.

I doubt your .40 mag will feed 9mm. I bet if you go to stages staffed by long time GSSF shooters, and ask nicely, you'll find someone will have some spare G17 mags you can borrow.

The trouble is, the way things are now, mags have suddenly become very hard/expensive to replace, so nobody's likely to want you leaving their sight with what could be a couple hundred $ worth of mags. They're really not worth that much...but if you go by replacement cost today, they might be.

I know...it'd be one more thing to track and haul...but it'd be nice if, for situations like this, GSSF could bring a stash of spare mags (G17, G22, G21, G36, G37) to keep at each stage. 2-3 of each would likely suffice (2 for the paper stages, 3 for the plates), and paint them hot pink or some other color that really stands out. Maybe even load them up at the firing line when it's that competitor's turn, and don't allow them to leave the line.

17. ave8er

ave8er

Sep 19, 2010
    So, in the interest of not making people angry, I borrowed a Glock 22 with 5 mags from a friend. When I signed up I checked the box for a 17, that won't matter, right?

18. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    It won't matter (assuming they're both stock, the 22 is legal for all the same divisions as the 17), but I'd still bring both guns and ammo for each and see if you can get someone to lend a few mags for the 17.

19. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    just tell them at registration in let them change it for you.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013