close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GSSF Pistol Purchase Question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by marh415, Aug 2, 2012.

1. marh415

marh415

Mar 14, 2009
    Warwick, RI
    I put down a deposit on a Gen 4 34 today with my GSSF discount. Anyway, the owner said that they were taking about 3-4 weeks to get them in. Now when I look on the Gallery of Guns site, it says they're in stock and available. Does going though the GSSF program usually take longer than say ordering from a distributor? Could someone give me an idea on how long the wait time usually is?

2. Well, when I order a GSSF award gun from Glock. they now say it will be 150 days - and don't call before!

3. marh415

marh415

Mar 14, 2009
    Warwick, RI
    So it seems they put them lower on the priority list. I can't say that I'm surprised, but thats an awful long time to have to wait.

4. Keyhole

Keyhole

Dec 28, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I try the different GSSF sellers, buy, then transfer to LGS. I've had good luck with Atlantic Tactical. Recommend.

5. I don't believe they put GSSF guns on lower priority at all. Glock makes "runs" of pistols, then "runs" of other pistols, etc. If you get an order in when 'your' gun-run just came off the line, you get it quick. If they made 1 milion G17s and then shipped 1 million G17s, you wait until the next run.

Large dealers (like Ed's for instance) order literally thousands of Glocks at a time. That's why Ed's and a few others are the 'haves' and LGSs are the 'have-nots'.

Now... couple this with the fact that Glock is many thousands of pistols behind in production, and, well...

If I have to order a Glock, I expect the worst but hope for the best. I usually expect to wait 150 days. If your dealer delivers in 4 weeks, you are ahead of the game.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. OP- You know your 34 should be a Blue Label - right? Most (not all) Blue Labels come with a standard 5.5# connector and fixed sights. Not certain about extended controls.

7. marh415

marh415

Mar 14, 2009
    Warwick, RI
    Good point, thanks for your replies!!

8. marh415

marh415

Mar 14, 2009
    Warwick, RI
    You pretty much nailed it with the waiting time SARDG, I stopped by their store today and he has been calling every week about the 34's. I did check out a Gen 4 21 and now I'm tossing around getting that instead, as the owner seems to keep some blue labels in stock for whatever reason. Hmmm???

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  9. The 21 would be a bigger seller with many agencies using those. Florida Fish & Wildlife uses 21s. Florida Highway Patrol - .45 GAPs. :shocked:

10. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The GSSF pistols start out as blue label law enforcement pistols, bought through a different program with Glock. The dealer cannot sell you a white label pistol that cost him $440.00 for $425.00 and stay in business very long.