close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF pistol certificate

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by buellxb9rider, Nov 21, 2012.

1. buellxb9rider

buellxb9rider

has anybody in south east texas found a dealer who will take the certificate?beaumont,port arthur, baytown even?i drove to a place below houston last time and wasn't totally happy,plus it was a long way.need a new 35 for uspsa.

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

doesn't it say you order from Glock to be sent TO your local Dealer?

3. SARDG

SARDG

Do you mean certificate - as in "free" gun from a GSSF match OR do you mean GSSF coupon, wherein you 'buy' a gun at a discount?

Former = order from Glock, sent to FFL
    Latter = find an LGS who honors GSSF coupons (at the correct price...)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  4. glock a-doodle-doo

glock a-doodle-doo

are you talking about the place in wharton? if so, i'm curious about your experience since that's the only place near houston. the next closest place for gssf discount coupons is gt distributors in austin. :/

5. buellxb9rider

buellxb9rider

the place in wharton was ok.the guy kept my 3 rd mag even though i bought a Gen 4 that came with 3.i had driven so far i said ok,even though i wanted to walk out.and yes i got a gssf buy it cheap card not a free won at a match certificate.

6. SARDG

SARDG

That effectively adds $20-$25 to the cost of the pistol and is totally and absolutely dishonest.

7. emtjr928

emtjr928

I am Thankful that I don't have to deal with that BS! Worked around retail most of my life and that practice is just plain crooked!!! I wish Glock would pressure these dealers to abide by ALL of the dealer agreement or not supply them with any Glocks.:steamed:

8. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

tell Glock about it!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  9. glock a-doodle-doo

glock a-doodle-doo

kept one mag?! wow, that smells really shady considering everyone else's experience when it comes to claiming the discount. this is one of only two nearby choices i have in this GIANT state of texas to claim the discount. i really hope gt distributors does it right since i'm crossing carroll's off the list. gssf really needs to get a shop in houston to participate cos having to drive that far out to get ripped off stinks.

10. BABOB

BABOB BRD Patient

Vance's in Columbus, Oh kept my third mag a few years back when I got a G17. The very next year I got a G19 and all three mags came with it. I made a point to guy that I only got two mags with my 17 and he said something to the effect that person no longer works here.

If I use this year's coupon, I'll make sure to call ahead and get the facts from them before I make the two hour drive.

11. Keyhole

Keyhole

I go through Atlantic Tactical and transfer here.

12. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

About 35 minutes down the 45 from Houston is The Arms Room, League City, TX. From my understanding they'll take the certificate..

Ask for Brian Mobley, he runs the training courses and the Indoor Glock League (he's the B Mobley in the Indoor Sept/Oct/Nov '11 'A' Class in Issue 12 of the Glock Report). If he's not teaching a class, he should be able to answer all your questions, he's GSSF after all.

He's a good guy, taught my CHL course and I've shot indoor with him. I think I'm shooting this Tuesday, I could ask.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. buellxb9rider

buellxb9rider

yea ask if you would.i need a 35 either Gen 3 or Gen 4.thats not as far as wharton and i think i gotta come over there later in december to the airport.

14. PettyOfficer

PettyOfficer

Best to call.. I can ask about accepting the cert, but specific model is another thing ill likely forget.

http://www.thearmsroomtx.com/

I need to ask, I have my cert and need to know. It's not exactly my LGS, I live too far, but its a good shop and its not too far from work (just in the opposite direction).

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  15. glock a-doodle-doo

glock a-doodle-doo

if the arm's room did accept gssf that would be awesome, especially if the deal is legit! i wouldn't even be picky. :)

16. dvrdwn72

dvrdwn72

Kept YOUR 3rd mag??? and you got a gen 4???? Last I knew all gen 4's come with 3 mags, gssf or not. I would be on someones A-- until I got another mag. Just because I cant stand those lgs shady types.

17. buellxb9rider

buellxb9rider

i actually bought a LE 34 from them a couple years back too.blue label gun and they also kept the extra LE mag.

18. glock a-doodle-doo

glock a-doodle-doo

Not to get too off topic here, but is it worth getting a blue label g34 for competition since it's different than the regular version (5.5lb trigger, slide release)?

19. SARDG

SARDG

At the LE price, I thought it was worth it and the LE price is only $27 less than GSSF.

Mine is a Gen 3 Blue Label and of course included the 3 mags - each mag being worth a minimum of $20. I did put extended controls and the (-) connector in it which was $20 for the connector alone. You may find a Blue Label made up that way, but I fear the majority are not.

I no longer suffer from that quandary... I simply seem to win enough free Glocks at GSSF matches to get by, and those are Red Label (in hi-capacity states) or White Label for baby-Glocks and under. Pick a Gen4 for your free GSSF win and you get 3 mags regardless.

20. emtjr928

emtjr928

Get By???? Sheesh. :faint: