close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GSSF/IPSC in New Orleans Area?

Discussion in 'The Bayou Club' started by dfsutton, Feb 11, 2007.

1. dfsutton

dfsutton US Veteran

Aug 2, 2006
    Metairie, LA
    Hi all,

I'm a relatively young shooter who is looking at getting into sport shooting in the Southern LA (around or close to New Orleans). Can anyone tell me where I can look for info or point me in a good direction. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. defensive.edge

defensive.edge

Mar 7, 2005
    SE WI
    i'm pretty sure FITS does GSSF matches. that's about it, unfortunately :upeyes:

3. LA_357SIG

LA_357SIG Milspectacular

Aug 28, 2006
    Not Los Angeles.
    Shooters Club (the new range) is holding a GSSF match starting in April.

4. Not to hijack the thread, but is the new range (old jeffeson indoor) open yet? If so, what are the dues and how does the membership work. thanks

5. dfsutton

dfsutton US Veteran

Aug 2, 2006
    Metairie, LA
    The new Shooter's Club range is open. I went there and shot today. Membership and range time is the same as at the Shooter's Club Store (now the Jefferson Gun outlet). It's open everyday but Monday.

Now back to the original topic, will I need to modify my carry pistol for GSSF? I am a total newbie when it comes to this stuff.

6. jurisglock

jurisglock NOLA lives.

Nov 13, 2003
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I don't think so. Here's the GSSF site, just in case.

7. Lots of competitive action in Southern Louisiana if you know where to look.

Check out http://www.lagator.org for the USPSA schedule for the entire area. USPSA Matches are held monthly in Gonzales, Amite & Thibodeaux.

Big outdoor GSSF match scheduled for April 22 & 23 in Thibodaux at Southern Shooting Center, http://www.southernshootingcenter.com.