close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSSF Indoor Changes

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by ede, Sep 28, 2006.

1. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Picked up a 1911 last nite where i shoot an indoor GSSF league and one of the guys there said GSSF isn't going to be giving the ranges a pistol anymore to give away instead they be getting a certificate. i'd think this would be how it is going to be for all the ranges that host indoor GSSF match. sounds much better to me getting a certificate than the pistol.

2. Adam5

Adam5

I shot at GSSF Indoor match last Sat. They also said that they will now be giving a certificate for the value of a G19. The certificate can be to purchase anything at the range. Personally, having a 19, a 19, and an XD9 tactical, I would rather have the certificate than another 19. I can use a certificate towards a 21, or a 9mm Carbine rifle.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

That's strange. All Glock Certificates I have ever seen are only good for a Glock of your choice. Some have an upgrade fee. I don't believe Glock has yet started selling 9mm Carbines. I cannot imagine Glock issuing a certificate that would give you anything but a Glock Product.

4. Adam5

Adam5

Unless I misunderstood, I Thought he said a certificate the range. That's why I was thinking about a carbine. It sure would be nice to get a rifle that could share my Glock mags and ammo. Unless, he meant that Doug (the owner of the shop/range)would be willing to give the value and get the Glock for inventory?

5. Don At PC

I have no idea what the shop owner will do but stop and think business like for a minute. Why would Glock pay for you to buy a competitors product? Glock sets up the indoor and out door matches to promote their product not someone elses. We receive Glock certificates at the outdoor matches that must be shipped through an FFL Holder from Glock for a new Glock of your choice. And as I said before some require a small upgrade fee for models like a G34/35/37 and a few others.:thumbsup:

6. Ghost361

Ghost361

Ed got your message ignore my reply. Is glock going to make a carbine? That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Don At PC

The last word I got was "Not any time soon".:usaf:

8. Adam5

Adam5

I probably just misunderstood him. It was early on a Sat morning, and I hadn't had any coffee yet.