close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

GSG 1911 problem

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by buzzkill, Sep 22, 2012.

1. buzzkill

buzzkill

Feb 10, 2008
    Rhode Island
    I recently purchased a new GSG 1911 for my son. We went and shot the first 100 rounds threw it tonight with a few stoppages. It seemed to like CCI mini mags. Anyhow, when I field stripped the pistol to clean it I found that the disconnector was broken. The top snapped off about a quarter of the way down. My first question is what would cause this? Secondly, will a standard (45acp) 1911 disconnector work in the GSG? I am green when it comes to 1911's as I don't particularly care for them, but it was what my son wanted and the price was right.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  2. the standard disco will fit. But the sear pin will not, since their sear pin is just ever so slightly smaller.

3. buzzkill

buzzkill

Feb 10, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Thanks. I had one lying around from a Colt that I ended up using and it worked perfectly. I am still unsure why the oem one broke. Any suggestions?