close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gs1100e?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by chokeslam512, Apr 21, 2008.

1. chokeslam512

chokeslam512 Awwww SKEET!

Jan 10, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I recently sold my KDX220R and am lookingat a Suzuki GS1100E for commuting and fun and maybe a road trip or two. Aside from the electrical problems these bikes are known for, what else should I look for?

2. wavetrain75

wavetrain75 Useless Member

Jan 31, 2008
    I have a '78 GS750, I replaced the entire ignition system (points, not electronic) including the coils and fixed some age related wear in the wire harness, after that it ran like a top.

You might want to look at the owners' group - GS Resources - it's dedicated to this vintage GS and there are a number of members that know far more than I do.

Syncing the carbs is a bit of a pain but well worth it.

Beyond that, if you have a toupee or false teeth just make sure they are firmly attached before you take off, those 1100s are rockets if you have them running right.

3. PDude

PDude

May 5, 2005
    I had one, it was a good bike.

I put in an aftermarket stator and rectifier with a huge heat sink/new connectors.

Points replacement ignition, pod filters and jet kit for new pipe.

I worked on it for a couple of weeks putting on the above items, then rode the piss out of it for many carefree miles.

Sold it to a buddy to get a GSXR for the twisties. His kid rode it to college and they still have it.

4. chokeslam512

chokeslam512 Awwww SKEET!

Jan 10, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I bought it.... rode it 35 miles home last night. It is running a bit rough. I am planning on syncing the carbs as soon as I can. I also need rotors for the front brakes at $180 each :faint:

Then come the new stator and R/R.