close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Gripe Time: Wife Cut Her Hair

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by J.ThaddeusToad, Nov 10, 2013.

1. J.ThaddeusToad

J.ThaddeusToad Checkmate

Jan 1, 2013
    Kingwood, TX
    Well, even after 7 years of my fervent preaching against short hairstyles for women (including the use of the various epithets regarding the look), my intolerance toward her occasional expression of interest in cutting her hair short, and a rather heated exchange regarding her intention the night before, my wife chose to tone down the sexiness by bobbing her hair off.

My only question for the group is, why do women think this is an absolute necessity at some point, given the presumption that they want to be as attractive to men as possible?

2. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed

3. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

Aug 14, 2001
    Almost Heaven
    I know you don't want to hear it, but it's her head.

4. J.ThaddeusToad

J.ThaddeusToad Checkmate

Jan 1, 2013
    Kingwood, TX
    I guess that's why I wasn't able to physically stop her.

5. podwich

podwich

Sep 7, 2000
    MI
    I dunno. It seems they go through some midlife crisis in which they change from young and cute to trying to look old or something. I don't get it.

6. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    I LOVE short hair on women. Maybe she found another guy that does since you shut her off for so long? :chatter:

7. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

:needspics:

If she though you would look better with a shaved head or long beard would you do that for her?

8. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

9. nmk

nmk

Apr 25, 2007
    Fervent preaching? Use of various epithets? Intolerance toward her occasional expression of interest? Heated exchange about her hair?

Are you hearing what you're saying?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

10. The Maggy

The Maggy

Dec 24, 2008
    Stillwater, OK
    women cut their hair short for the same reason guys grow long hair, cut it short, shave it all off, grow long sideburns, grow a beard, shave a beard, grow a stache, ect...

She wanted some change.

Now given that it seems like you are a pretty controling guy, since she finally got brave enough to go against your royal edicts on her hair style; she was most likely testing herself to see if she could make decisions on her own. I'd be expecting some divorce papers soon.

11. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    Absolutely if you are so controlling! Get ready to lose the farm!

12. silentpoet

silentpoet

Jan 11, 2007
    This Old Caddy
    Telling a woman what to do is like tell a cat what to do. May make you feel better, but ain't gonna change a thing.

13. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Minnesota
    I have to agree with other posters. If you are this against short hair, were this vocal... She is getting it done for the guy who cares about her, treats her as equal.....
    Letting her know what you think looks good on her, sexy.. Is fine. The way you sound here....

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    She's altready married and probably tired of listening to your "fervent preaching." Since most men don't agree with you, maybe it's just you she isn't trying to impress any more.

15. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    I highly doubt it, he's probably turned a deaf ear to himself and believes himself to be in the right.

To the OP, your wife is her own woman, she can do what she pleases. The sooner you stop trying to control her, and stop complaining about when she doesn't make you happy, the happier you'll both be.

She's a woman, she's crazy, you're going to have to suck it up and move on, because I doubt this is the first time she's done something you didn't like, and I can guarantee it won't be the last.

16. dennis3dflyer

dennis3dflyer

Feb 20, 2007
    Florida
    Sorry to hear you lost the battle against stupid women's thought processes . I also hate ' hate, hate , this short hair syndrome on women.

They feel its making them look better. But in reality its butchitizing them.

I think it mostly comes from other women telling them it would look good and then eggin them on to do it.

The fashion industry has them under their brainwashing. Million s of dollars of advertising have them believe ing false ideas/facts.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I married a Chinese Women to try to get away from this crap.

Dennis

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  17. desertexplore

desertexplore

Jan 2, 2013
    OP- You answered your own question. SEVEN years of marriage and thats when women start to let themselves go. She has you locked in and the short hair means that she doesnt have to look nice for you anymore.

Next will be the elastic pants for weight gain. This is not new, but typical.

Remember what Tom Leykis says for a happy marriage: 8 Simple Words- Stay Thin, Long Hair, Sex Anytime, Shut up.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  18. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    I see several guys that aren't gonna get lucky tonight!

19. desertexplore

desertexplore

Jan 2, 2013
    Who cares, theres plenty out there.

20. clancy

clancy

Feb 16, 2011
    This is a perfect example of the breakdown of our culture. The mere fact that your wife openly defied you by cutting her hair short would not, for one second, be tolerated in some of the more progressive countries of the world, like Afghanistan, Somalia, or Iran. That there are forum members here who support here in her decision to defy you is almost as egregious. You would be totally justified in beating her. Remember, though, do not hit her in a place that the bruises would show. Our culture, lamentably, is not tolerant of husbands meeting out corporal punishment to their wives.

And yes, I am being sarcastic. The OP sounds like an ass. I am surprised you are still married.